• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Member Gallery: C&C cages/homemade cages

This is my guinea pig room. Each side is an L shaped 5x2 C&C, with the left hand cage having a 3x1 loft and the right having a 2x1 loft.
I got the grids from an eBay seller and the base from a local company. The ramps are square guttering with carpet tiles cut to size. Each cage houses a trio of piggies, left cage; Rio, Daisy & Lily. Right cage; Ginny, Oscar and Merida. Hope you like! :D

10174783_10154083672880578_8680579813678438752_n.jpg 10167938_10154083672755578_6578006300114623179_n.jpg

photo (63).JPG
photo (62).JPG

Yay! Harry & lloyds new cage arrived today so I now have two very happy piggies. They were a bit unsure for a whole 2 minutes but are now happily tucking into some hay. We've decided to try half fleece/ half woodshavings as they only like peeing on woodshavings.
This was purchased from candcguineapigcages.com as it comes with everything needed and was delivered In a matter of days, at a very reasonable price. image.jpg
It's a 5x2 cage and houses 2 spoiled piggies.
Not tried cleaning it yet but under the fleece is a towel and puppy pads under that. Under the woodshavings is a layer of newspaper.

3.5 by 2 C&C cage with a solid plastic base custom made for me and a homesewn suedecloth cage liner (its a stay dry wicking fabric that hay does not stick to)

Attachments

• IMG_20140602_165945125.jpg
    IMG_20140602_165945125.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 35
IMG_1448_zps94b8b311.jpg

I have 5 piggies and they all live in this 7X2 + 5X2 grids cage ( 245cm X 70cm + 175cm X 70cm = 8ft X 2ft 4inch + 5 ft 9 inch (or something, I'm not too good with feet, sorry :) ).
Grids are purchased here in Finland and unfortunately we have only one brand of them... They are connected with cable ties. The base of the cage is not grid, but compost fence, which fits exactly to the grids but fence pieces are bigger and also more sturdy.
Bedding is woodshavings and then there are small rugs, which fit into washing machine, and towels. Underneath rugs there are some big towels and under them "plastic fabric" (I'm not sure what's the right word for it in English).
This cage is quite easy to maintain clean. I vacuum the rugs every day and also change small towels daily. I change woodshavings in "pee corners" daily and in the big box I clean the dirty places couple of times a week. It takes maybe 20 minutes per day. I need to change the rugs only once a months or less if I have found good places for the towels ;).
The 7 tables under the cage are from Ikea (in Finland one piece costs 5 euros, so they are really cheap). The boxes under tables are self made. They are made of plywood and I ordered the pieces of the boxes from a timber shop near us. Though they were a bit expensive, around 150 euros, I think they make the cheap tables look quite classy (and also they store a lot of stuff), so I'm really pleased with them :).

Last edited:
image.jpg Here is Kitty on top and YAY! Finally got the loft done. I still have to finish a cover, but I ran out of zip ties lol. Kitty and Nancy love it, they went right up the ramp ( I still have to tweak it) I want to make it more pretty to look at from the couch. You can see their buddy Chester checking out their new house. Then there is Summer and Nancy cuddling, she likes to lay up under her chin awwww. image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg She is a Abby. Kitty is an Abby cross I think because she has one swirl right on top of her hair with a little white in it.

I'm actually going to change it again lol. I'm going to add another loft on the opposite side so they each have a bedroom, food, and water and then put the hay and litter box on the lower level. I thought I posted all the pics here but I didn't. They're in a thread second loft is done oops. :( so here are some more. Kitty is up in her hidey house.

image.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Alby and Fudges new accommodation. Think they are loving it. The red cage is the ferplast 100 cage they came in when I got them and my father in law helped me to add a c&c on the top of their old cage by cutting a hole in the roof and also in a grid then making a ramp for them . It took them a while to get used to the ramp but now they zoom around. (Hope I posted this in the right section)

Hi this is my cage :)
I have only made it couple days ago and I will switch to fleece. I am planning to get some fleece tommorow and try to make some beds , cozy sacks and cage liners.
I think my piggies like their new cage but they still scared when they using ramp and I know is bit small but I haven't got space for bigger cage.

Ok here it is. I didn't change the fleece in the lofts yet because I just did it a few days ago when I added the second master suite lol. I will change them Friday I think. The window is east facing, so at night I pull down the fleece to block the bright morning sun and then pull it up so they can look outside if they want in the afternoon the wall that joins the wall with the window has a sliding glass door, so they get lots natural indirect light. :)

image.jpg image.jpg

Here's the girls' new cage. I've put 2 trays in to catch pees while they eat. I'm going to get another house so they have one each.
The cage is on a wooden base on my desk. When we move hubby is going to make a cabinet for the cage to sit on so I can keep hay etc in the cupboard out of sight.
Honey and pickle have been jumping about all over the place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 90
Back