• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Barbering

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmeg

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can you tell me about barbering please. I've heard of it, but never seen it...until now, my little Baby Banjo has given Minstrel a short, back and sides. Minstrel doesn't mind at all. rolleyes xx Thanks

:)):)) Pics please!

I have been told that Cariad shortish hairdo is down to barbering...

Barbering is chewing the fur mostly of other guinea pigs but I think sometimes on themselves as well. Some people say its caused by stress or boredom but think the general feeling is that perfectly happy pigs will do it so not really understood.

Banjo and Minstrel are incredibly chilled out, so I don't think it's stress or boredom. Minstrel just sits there whilst the baby happily chomps a little bit here, and a little bit there lol .....maybe he has a particular hairstyle in mind. ha ha. x

Poppy does it to Rosie. When they have just eaten Rosie ends up with veg coloured lines of short hair :))
Poor baby.

_IGP0163.jpg

Lovely piggy. Minstrel's hair used to flow, and touch the ground, now he really is a short hair. Banjo has taken 2 - 3" off all over! xx

this is a really interesting thread for me to be honest; I've never heard of barbering before lol

I will get a piccy of Minstrel tomorrow, do a before and after post. Minstrel makes the little white cutie on this post look very hairy. xx

Tinker used to barber, usually me if she managed to run up my shoulder.:(|) Since she's had her bubs, she doesn't seem to do it any more.

ooh can't wait so see more pics of this! is this generally and long haired piggy thingy?

This is Minstrel before, just look at those lovely long locks:

minstralbanjo1.jpg

And now.....
barberright.jpg

mins.jpg

barberleft.jpg

AND HERE IS THE OFFENDING ARTICAL...Just look at my baby saying "it wasn't me..honest" Ahem...so what is that sticking out of your little mouth?
babyb1.jpg

LOL he believes in the short back and sides approach. How could that innocent little face have done all that! Both still very handsome.

maybe guinea pigs were born to be hairdressers we should set up shops and get customers to pay in veg :)).who did the white pigs hair as id like to book an appointment with them :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back