1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black poop

Discussion in 'Health & Illness' started by ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig

ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig Senior Guinea Pig

hi all. my guinea pig used to have brownish poop. today i noticed that it was more towards BLACK than brown and it was partially wet. at first i thought he might of peed on it but i checked and there were no pee stains. the water couldnt of gotten it either. anything i can do or is this normal?

thankss. XP

Edit:

i just noticed that his poop is kinda squishy. gilbert squished his poop! usually its hard...any suggestions on this?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. pigginrescue

pigginrescue New Member

Do you feed veggies daily? What veggies did you give him yesterday?
    I find my piggies poo changes colour slightly depending on what they have to eat. Nothing to worry about unless it changes permanently, or you see any sign of blood, discharge, gunge etc

3. ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig

ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig Senior Guinea Pig

oh right. i fed my guinea celery for the first time yesterday so that may be the answer. THANKS!

4. Laura-CCC4

Laura-CCC4 Senior Guinea Pig

Some piggies do get very dark poops. Unless accompanied by other symptoms - diarrhea or 'constipation' - I wouldn't worry too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.