Welcome to Our Community

You are currently reading the forum as a guest. Feel free to sign up today and get access to all our great features.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are currently browsing our forums as a guest, not all of our content is publicly viewable. You can register for a free account to gain access to all of our features!
  3. Have your piggies been a resident at TEAS? If so please see this thread here
  4. It's gonna be hot, find out how to keep your piggies cool and safe here
  5. If you are having issues logging in or getting logged out, please delete your browsing cookies and cache, that should solve the problem. If you are still having issues contact a member of admin staff or contact us here
  6. Please check out our fantastic Syringe Feeding guide here

can guinea pigs eat kale and oranges?

Discussion in 'Food' started by michellexgix, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michellexgix

michellexgix New Member

My guinea pig is still young but was used to vegetables before I got him. I wasnt sure which veggies so I just intoruced them all slowly. He now eats a good varitey of vegetables and he is about 3/4 months old.

Today I picked up some Kale and wondering could he eat that? I also picked up some oranges (clementines) wondering can he eat that as I heard young guinea pigs can't. If he can how would I serve it to him and how often? Would I just give him a segment of the orange?

Also I give him about a cup or vegetables every morning, is that enough?
  2. Wiebke

Wiebke Moderator Staff Member

3. michellexgix

michellexgix New Member

Thank you, I will look at that link now.
  4. ajb

ajb Junior Guinea Pig

My pigs are funny about oranges/clementines etc. Instead of diving right in like they do with most food, they stand there mouthing them indecisively before biting in. I think they are worried that it might be a sharp one.
  5. Holidayhutch

Holidayhutch New Member

Jimmy and george love Kale, I love watching them pull it into their mouths like a long strand of spaghetti. Never tried them on oranges though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.