Welcome to Our Community

You are currently reading the forum as a guest. Feel free to sign up today and get access to all our great features.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are currently browsing our forums as a guest, not all of our content is publicly viewable. You can register for a free account to gain access to all of our features!
  3. Have your piggies been a resident at TEAS? If so please see this thread here
  4. It's gonna be hot, find out how to keep your piggies cool and safe here
  5. If you are having issues logging in or getting logged out, please delete your browsing cookies and cache, that should solve the problem. If you are still having issues contact a member of admin staff or contact us here
  6. Please check out our fantastic Syringe Feeding guide here

Cauliflower leaves?

Discussion in 'Food' started by chilwell, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chilwell

chilwell New Member

I've in the shopping list GP's can have cauliflower but can they eat the leaves?

Thanks!
  2. KingBoris&HisFollowers

KingBoris&HisFollowers New Member

Most pigs hate the actual white part of the cauliflour you will find though that most love the leaves,my boys love them,just make sure little bits every now and then as it can bring on bloat in high amounts
  3. nutmeg

nutmeg New Member

All mine love the leaves, but only some of them like the flowery bit. x
  4. LesaC

LesaC

Same here so I cook the flower for the humans and the piggys get the leaves.
  5. chilwell

chilwell New Member

Thanks, I gave them some leaves and they were gone in minutes!
  6. Sue_P

Sue_P Teenage Guinea Pig

I have a question…..

I nab the free cauliflower leafage from Morrisons when they put it out sometimes and the last lot I got had like a white residue on and I was wondering what it was and if it can do them any harm. I was thinking maybe the leaves sweated as it was hot weather and it’s just some sort of natural change the leaves did. They were fresh feeling, not limp and bendy and the rodents liked them. I take it cauliflowers aren’t covered in dangerous level of pesticides are they? [​IMG] Any knowledge would be appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.