1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Transport Assistance Needed - Cumbria to Northampton. Click here for details.

Dripping water bottle

Discussion in 'Guinea Pig Chat' started by piggylips102, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piggylips102

piggylips102 New Member

Can anyone give me any tips to stop my piggys water bottle from leaking? I have a large plastic bottle but it just wont stop dripping mallethead its so annoying as I need the large size because I have 25 piggys. It drips till its empty and my poor piggys are walking in wet patches. Any advice will be great thanks. :)

2. makeeachdaycount

makeeachdaycount Junior Guinea Pig

when i fill my bottles, they drip at first, I've found if i stick my finger up to the tube a little so i push the ball back and then let go that usually helps it create a suction and stops it dripping.

3. Wiebke

Wiebke Moderator
    Staff Member

You need to fill the bottle right to the very top so that there is no air left! When the piggies drink, they will create a vacuum inside the bottle that keeps the water from dripping (after the initial very small bit of leaking when you turn the bottle over).

4. nutmeg

nutmeg New Member

Drippy bottles are a nightmare. You could put a brick underneath it, this soaks up drips and piggies climb on it with their front feet and can help nails. xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.