1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are currently browsing our forums as a guest, not all of our content is publicly viewable. You can register for a free account to gain access to all of our features!
  3. Have your piggies been a resident at TEAS? If so please see this thread here
  4. It's gonna be hot, find out how to keep your piggies cool and safe here
  5. If you are having issues logging in or getting logged out, please delete your browsing cookies and cache, that should solve the problem. If you are still having issues contact a member of admin staff or contact us here
  6. Please check out our fantastic Syringe Feeding guide here

How long should it take for RSPCA worker to contact me regarding rehoming piggies?

Discussion in 'Guinea Pig Chat' started by Mimi, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mimi

Mimi New Member

I called my local RSPCA to 'apply' and re-home 2 piggies last Wednesday. I have spoken to one person and was asked couple of questions like other animals at home, the measurements of my hutch etc... I was told that volunteer worker will need to make an appointment and come and see my hutch etc.. Well nothing has happened yet and I am not sure if they can refuse me due to e.g. having cat and not notify me...I am guessing they are busy but a phone call does not take long time. Anyone knows how long can it take them to call me back? I am only wondering as I think Goofy is still lonely and I would like to start 'the ball rolling'.
  2. alio

alio Junior Guinea Pig

I think it depends on the size of the branch. I'm sure it was around 3 days last time I applied to them. Hopefully you should hear soon. Maybe give them a gentle reminder on Monday if not. Good luck xx
  3. Mimi

Mimi New Member

thanks will try
  4. malika

malika

if you have rescued piggies from them before then they should just allow you to adopt without having to go through anything. mum gets my piggies from the rspca and she just turns up and they let her take them there and then now however i would ring and ask again xx
  5. Mimi

Mimi New Member

Have spoken to them and arranged a visit tomorrow at 4pm... getting nervous as not sure what they will look at ...well I think I have all ready... clean hutch- checked, run - checked, toys- checked food and fresh stock of veg and fruit - checked, all the essential grooming products - checked... will give Goofy a bath and nice brush so he will look stunning for tomorrow... any advice what else should I prepare?
  6. malika

malika

that sounds good but would run a hoover round and a quick dust too to show that you have a really nice clean home for them to live in and plus shows you take care of your home so you can take care of them good luck for the visit I'm sure you wont have any problem in adopting the piggies you want xx
  7. Mimi

Mimi New Member

I have an outdoor hutch outside but my house is always clean as as my OH says we are living in a hospital as I'm cleaning mad person :D
  8. AudioHeart

AudioHeart Senior Guinea Pig

Oo when we had an RSPCA inspector round to check we had the right requirements for Taz (the dog) who we were adopting I had a notepad filled with any questions or things I wanted to tell the RSPCA about, our RSPCA came back after six months of adopting her to check she was okay and settling in well :) Are you putting the piggies outside in a run? If you are I'd give a quick sweep of the patio and make sure the gardens neat too :) I'm sure everything will go well, and good luck for today!
  9. malika

malika

how did it go do you know if you were given the all clear to adopt piggies? i really hope it did for you xx
  10. Mimi

Mimi New Member

Made another post in the section but all went well. Just need to got to the centre to look at the piggies which I want to adopt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.