1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are currently browsing our forums as a guest, not all of our content is publicly viewable. You can register for a free account to gain access to all of our features!
  3. If you are having issues logging in or getting logged out, please delete your browsing cookies and cache, that should solve the problem. If you are still having issues contact a member of admin staff or contact us here

I hate noisy people...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BeautifulBoyz, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeautifulBoyz

BeautifulBoyz Teenage Guinea Pig

Been invaded by loud music all afternoon.

Went out to see where it was coming from and realised it's a house TWO streets away!

What their poor neighbours must be going thru @)

It's so loud I thought it was coming from the house next door! mallethead
  2. Shellza

Shellza Adult Guinea Pig

Oh god! mallethead I hate noisy people too. It's so disrespectful! Could you contact your local council re. noise pollution? It's unfair to all of those living around them.
  3. BeautifulBoyz

I thought I might send Freddie round when he's in a grump... Freddie can be quite scary when he's in a grump. Example below!

[​IMG]
  4. Sprogmama

Sprogmama Junior Guinea Pig

Noisy neighbours is one of the reasons we sold up and moved to the country. We used to live in a mid-terrace in the centre of a big town and next door loved to play loud music, have parties and generally converse by shouting at each other. Plus having lots of people living in close proximity generally meant we didn't get any peace and quiet regardless of time of day.

I feel your pain, it's been over 2 years since we moved and I still get that stressed feeling when I drive somewhere and hear loud music blaring out of someone's house.
  5. BeautifulBoyz

^ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a house in the country, sounds bliss!
  6. Bekki

Bekki Forum Donator 2013/14

I'm that person in the middle of a terrace who likes their music and hosts parties :red

Though my music is 1hr (and honestly only loud enough so I can hear it all around the house) on a Saturday when cleaning, and my house parties are very tame and 1 a month and finish at 2am latest, music is off at midnight, whereas next doors kids scream all night, and their dad screams at the top of his voice at any time at them waking me up so I feel no guilt hosting a party! My other neighbours are quiet so we dont have the stereo on their wall and when we have a house party we keep it downstairs so their bedrooms are not disturbed :-) My previous neighbours had two alsations that barked 24/7

My next house will be detached ideally on a large land plot!
  7. Shellza

Shellza Adult Guinea Pig

Just look at that face! :... I wouldn't like to be on his bad side :x :))
  8. BeautifulBoyz

^Hell have no fury like a grumpy Freddie! He's ripped the covers off books on the sofa when he's not getting the attention he craves... this is NOT a joke!
  9. Shellza

Shellza Adult Guinea Pig

:)) :x Bless him. Sounds like a right little monster :))
  10. BeautifulBoyz

^haha he is! He's also led next to me watching me type... thank gosh he can't read!
  11. Sprogmama

Oh, I doubt you're anywhere near as bad as my ex-neighbours lol, at least it sounds like you are considerate. I don't mind parties, everyone should be allowed to enjoy themselves in their home, it's just that they did it very often and didn't care how late it went on, how loud they were etc. We did ask them once just to let us know when they were having a party so we were prepared, but they never did.

The trouble with terraced houses is that you're practically living in your neighbour's faces. One of the blokes next door was quite a large chap and our floorboards used to shake when he walked about on the other side of the wall! I hated having a bath because sometimes it felt like someone was going to burst through the door at any moment! We also used to get bizarre smells from their house, we never did find out why that happened.

I used to feel terribly self conscious if I ever raised my voice because I knew the neighbours could probably hear what I was saying lol! We always kept the telly down quiet because I knew they could hear that too, it really wasn't much fun.

Now we live in a detached bungalow in a tiny village and the difference is amazing. Our neighbours are lovely, and you never hear them except for when you're outside and their car pulls up or something. And we can make as much noise as we like and not have to worry about anybody eavesdropping. :))
  12. BeautifulBoyz

Whatever is going on here sounds like a concert somewhere nearby... it's still blaring. I can't find out what it is. I've contacted the police...
  13. Piggie Life

Piggie Life Teenage Guinea Pig

Luckily my street is really quiet. I live five minutes away from the city centre of Brighton but on my street it's 100% quiet.
  14. BeautifulBoyz

^Mine is normally :-(

P.s... love your av - cute little face!
  15. Piggie Life

Piggie Life Teenage Guinea Pig

Thanks :) I like yours too good to see your piggies enjoying their cuddle cup fleece thing mine don't even use the one I bought them ! Fussy pigs!
  16. BeautifulBoyz

Music has just started again... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-(
  17. Sprogmama

Have you found out what it actually is yet? Did the police do anything?
  18. BeautifulBoyz

No, I never heard back from them. I expect they are busy with more important things.

I'm just trying to ignore it... busy designing/making a new crochet bag :)
  19. Choccy

Choccy New Member

Awww what a cute pouty face! Adorable!

----

Poor you about the noise! My neighbours are lovely, they're quiet as mice and always come and apologise when it's noisy (I'm quite clumsy and drop lots of things, so I'm surprised they don't find me noisy!)

Although have to say, we both HATE the guy opposite with a passion. He has a seriously loud motorbike engine (also has 2 cars, I must add) and enjoys revving his engine and tinkering in the garden all hours of the day. My OH HATES it when he has to work nights to listen to the lullaby of a motorbike for several hours.

Have you reported it to the council? Or had a word with the neighbour before you do that?

The council asked me to write a "diary" of date/time and length of noise to submit to them... (I sound like a right busybody, I'm not, honest, I just hate noisy inconsiderate neighbours!)
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  20. Bekki

Bekki Forum Donator 2013/14

My neighbours currently think its ok to scream at their kids and slam all the doors like the kids are murdering each other, by the sounds of it they're just playing and being kids! Some kid called Charley/ie doesnt have get verbal abuse ... shhhhh!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.