1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Transport Assistance Needed - Cumbria to Northampton. Click here for details.

my neighbour...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by megface, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megface

megface Teenage Guinea Pig

she seems like one of them women who just complains about anything, because she has no life.

she complained that i am not allowed to put my guinea pigs outside as it will attract foxes (although, it's acceptable for her to leave her cats food outside for them, which her husband admitted to!)

i've spent all day outside today, revising for my exams in the gorgeous sunshine, and Mojo (my dog) has been outside with me all day, and tbf he's not been barking that much.
    when i was just getting my washing in she came and said that Mojo has been barking for 5hours straight, and that she was going to call the council if he didn't stop (He has NOT been barking 5 hours straight, I shut him up the second he starts barking, because it drives me insane when i'm trying to revise!).

if she does call the council on him, what would the outcomes be?
    i know they'll do an assessment which in my opinion he would pass.
    but if he didn't what could happen :/

2. DizzyDinosaur

DizzyDinosaur Teenage Guinea Pig

I really doubt the council will do anything.

I would seriously start to think about that she is harassing you and you could do something

3. megface

they wouldn't put him down would they?
    i've fought so hard for this dog with all his problems and i'm not have some b*tchy old neighbour put him down.

she is seriously just one of them people who complain about EVERYTHING.

:| so angry right now.

4. DizzyDinosaur

DizzyDinosaur Teenage Guinea Pig

Wouldn't let me edit last post.

Also I would carry on putting your pigs outside, She cant stop you as its your property or the freeholders/landlord if renting
    Unless its a environmental health issue she cant do anything about it

If she comes over again. tell her to leave and if she refuses call the police on the non emergency 101 number which costs 15p per call as it would count as trespassing

5. Guinea pig slave

Senior Guinea Pig

OMG - she really doesn't have a life does she rolleyes
    Good job you haven't got kids (she's probably got lots of footballs and toys stashed from previous neighbours' kids who have 'upset' her)
    I'd tell her to mind her own business, it's your property and dogs do bark - ignore her threats, she's obviously a none animal lover, just an interfering old bat :p
    The council won't do much but I would seriously keep a record of dates etc. of your/Mojo's whereabouts incase she gives them extreme info. You can present them with your facts :x

6. megface

she lives next door, so keeps 'popping' her head over the fence.

when its dark, mojo NEVER barks, unless their cat jumps over the fence or something similar, but usually he just potters about.
    she loved mojo, and literally about a month ago she just keeps complaining...

she says mojo whines EVERY night from 1am til 6am...
    Mojo sleeps in the bedroom with us, and he doesn't whine at all.

then also when i am at work, my OH hears another dog down the road whining and barking, so we KNOW it's not mojo.

she just blames everything on us, and i literally don't want to live here anymore because of her.
    :@

7. megface

she's a childminder...so the kids when they're outside are ALWAYS screaming, bt i've never complained, it's what kids do...
    like dogs bark!

8. Guinea pig slave

Senior Guinea Pig

All the more reason to keep a diary so you can prove it's not Mojo (just incase the council do contact you) Neighbours eh :)>>>
    A few years ago, my friend had to fly over to France as her brother was very ill and I took her GSD for a few days. Somebody reported me to the council for walking her across the grass, they turned up with the dog warden :{
    After explaining the situation, they apologised, met the 'dangerous dog' (great big softie with arthritis) in question and left ?/ I was sooo angry - they wouldn't tell me who had reported me but kind of slipped out the house number with a wink :x
    I emptied the contents of the bins all over their car :p :red
    Ooh it felt sooo good -c

9. squeakysmallpaws

squeakysmallpaws Junior Guinea Pig

Did you say that to her, when she said about the dog barking from 1am - 6am? Erm, he sleeps in our bedroom?

10. karonus

Forum Donator 2014/15

Why dont you tell her to check out the human rights act and your rights to a private life and would she like it if you suggested that her CRB might need to be re-examined if you complained about the way she looked after children if she is a childminder.

11. herriotfan

herriotfan New Member

If she complains to the council they will write to you first and you have an opportunity to give your side of the story.
    If she still complains they might put some noise monitoring equipment in her house to check the levels and frequency of the noise coming from your property.
    She has to prove without a single doubt that your dog is being a nuisance before the council can go to court to get an order forcing you to do anything.
    Having an animal put to sleep is the very last resort and most unlikely to happen.
    You need to keep a note of every confrontation with her and, if you have any, take names and details of witnesses.
    In the meantime try not to worry.
    Meddlesome old boot! mallethead

12. megface

thanks everyone!

my first thought was having no more Mojo and it broke my heart :(

so angry at her, my OH is fuming too...
    we're starting a log of all noises, starting tomorrow morning, and when we leave him alone (never more than 2hours at a time!)

funny thing is, we have neighbours next door, my OH is best friends with our one neighbour and they say they RARELY hear Mojo.

& the neighbours upstairs have NEVER complained about it.
    just frustrates me.

trying to tell me how to run my life is NOT a way to get into my good books.

p.s Guinea Pig Slave, deffo enjoyed the idea of emptying the bin over the car!
    this may be happening as i work until 4.30am some mornings, when they're sound asleep ;)

13. Guinea pig slave

Senior Guinea Pig

I still smile smugly to myself when I see them - just wish I'd got the piggies at the time and emptied their poop and hay on their garden :x :p

14. jamarcham

jamarcham New Member

Unless you're in council accommodation, I doubt the council will do anything at all, they are more concerned with dogs out of control in public places or potentially aggessive dogs which a bit of barking doesn't amount to.

15. megface

that's my fear.

Mojo has been aggressive, and she is aware of this, but only ever towards me and my OH (he has severe attachments and is very protective!)
    he does wear a muzzle at all times in public places though, so never a threat to anyone, he wears his muzzle when we have visitors too.

i know she's the kind of person who would bring this up and that be taken as a factor :/

16. jamarcham

jamarcham New Member

It sounds like you can adequately demonstrate that you keep your dog in a responsible manner and under control so don't fret, I'm sure you'll should be ok. A bit of barking is not enough i think under present laws.

We have a dobe who is enormous and a fabulous family dog, but he really dislikes non-family so we similarly always have him on a lead in public places etc, and reinforced our fence with our neighbours as he used to jump at it if he heard people, a line of beech trees worked very nicely :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.