1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest Voting is now open for our Chooken Legs Photo Competition, please vote now here Thanks to everyone that entered you raised an amazing £70.50 for piggies in care at TEAS Dental Sanctuary!

Pee Color

Discussion in 'Health & Illness' started by rodentsrus, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodentsrus

rodentsrus Junior Guinea Pig

What color is normal for a guinea pig...One of my girls pee is like a milky color and the other I haven't see the color...

2. Glynis

Forum Buddy

That's normal :)

3. mikulinek

mikulinek Teenage Guinea Pig

Yeah, pee can be a lot of different colours depending what your piggies eat.

For example, their pee will go somewhere between brown and orange if they eat a lot of carrot or dandelion or anything with that kind of pigmentation.

The only thing to keep an eye on is if you see a really dark brown patch of dry pee and/or pink to red wet pee. If you haven't fed them anything with really red pigmentation (I can't think of anything you would) this may well be blood in the urine.

Your piggy will also make a noise to indicate they're unformatable peeing if there's anything wrong with their waterworks.

I really wouldn't worry about milky pee at this stage but, as ever, when in doubt, ask a cavy-savvy vet :)

Hope that helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.