1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are currently browsing our forums as a guest, not all of our content is publicly viewable. You can register for a free account to gain access to all of our features!
  3. If you are having issues logging in or getting logged out, please delete your browsing cookies and cache, that should solve the problem. If you are still having issues contact a member of admin staff or contact us here

Pumpkin

Discussion in 'Food' started by Guinea-wiggles, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guinea-wiggles

Guinea-wiggles New Member

I read on here the other week about someone asking if pumpkin flesh was safe for guinea pigs to eat, well after reading the replies saying it was perfectly safe I decided to let my guinea's try it.
    I personally think it tastes horrible but my girls disagree...I put one 2" chunk in and it was gone as soon as lol.
    They absolutely love it x) the boys on the other hand aren't so keen, they've had a nibble and eaten around half of their chunk but left the rest which I'm suprised at cos they eat anything.
  2. Wiebke

Wiebke Moderator Staff Member

Piggies can be very unpredictable when it comes to new food!

But what you find is that the "I want what you have" reflex kicks in so you often have one group eating and another not!
  3. Claire W

Claire W Forum Donator 2013/14

I carved a pumpkin yesterday and my girls licked it off my fingers :))
  4. candywishes

candywishes New Member

know my piggys have this reflex wiebka! I'm getting a pumpkin tomorow, I shall try my trio with it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.