1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Transport Assistance Needed - Cumbria to Northampton. Click here for details.

Squeak's weight

Discussion in 'Guinea Pig Chat' started by bubble&squeak4ever, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubble&squeak4ever

bubble&squeak4ever Adult Guinea Pig

Right so I have a confession to make... I haven't and never have weighed my guinea pigs weekly :red
    But since Bubble's passing I've realised how important it is so I'm now I'm going to!
    I just weighed Squeak on our only scales (rubbish ones!) and it showed just over 800g. Is this ok? She's 3 and a half.. 4 this year. She's always been a little piggie ever since I got her! She certainly eats well! rolleyes :)) Thanks in advance!

2. Toffeewoffee

Senior Guinea Pig

Like humans piggies come in different shapes and sizes, my chunkiest is about 1.2kg and smallest around about 750g, but the smallest is just petite, if she was human she would be 5' nothing and a size 6. :))

So long as she doesn't feel skinny i wouldn't worry.

x

3. Claire W

Forum Donator 2014/15

I wouldn't worry. There is a huge difference between a petite pig and an underweight skinny pig. My Eleanor (r.i.p) hovered between 750 and 800g at her lowest weight just before we had to have her pts :( She had however lost a lot of weight from what she was and felt very skinny :( When Connie was ill (r.i.p) she was around 600g at her lowest weight but again, she had lost a lot from what she once was :( Both Connie and Ellie felt skinny, their spines and ribs could be felt for a start.

A petite pig will be a smaller weight but will feel nicely in proportion and not boney x

4. bubble&squeak4ever

Hehe :))
    She doesn't feel at all skinny and doesn't look it. :) :)
    Thanks x

5. bubble&squeak4ever

I think she must just be a petite pig :)) because she does feel nicely in proportion and not boney at all :)
    When Bubble was ill she weighed around 500g (half of what she used to weigh!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.