1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are currently browsing our forums as a guest, not all of our content is publicly viewable. You can register for a free account to gain access to all of our features!
  3. If you are having issues logging in or getting logged out, please delete your browsing cookies and cache, that should solve the problem. If you are still having issues contact a member of admin staff or contact us here

Swollen/Large Testicles?

Discussion in 'Health & Illness' started by paulsin, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulsin

paulsin New Member

I've got 2 pigs, Sharky and George, both Boars. The thing is Sharky seems to have fairly large testicles in comparison to his body and they stick out when lying down. Is this normal? He shows no signs of discomfort, but was wondering whether they may be swollen. They've been this size for about 3 months at least.
  2. MemberY

MemberY New Member

Sounds perfectly normal. Because GPs have short legs, boars have a substantial layer of tissue/fat around their testicles to help prevent injury. Some of my boars have larger ones than others too :D
  3. lucy963

lucy963

i agree, sounds normal. If you are still worried mention it to the vet when you next take him to set your mind at rest.
  4. Clare

Clare New Member

reminds me of a AC/DC song called big balls.... so funny, what a man pig 88)
  5. maryh

maryh

Some boars can have large testicles,but if they seem hard and or one is bigger than the other,get him checked.It is possible for them to get a deep slow growing abcess which is not painful untill the last stage when it is ready to burst.The pig will then stop eating and be lethargic.The prognosis is very poor because the puss can cause septiceamia.If a dog gets a abcess in the testicle it will often have to be castrated to save it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.