1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Transport Assistance Needed - Cumbria to Northampton. Click here for details.

White discharge?

Discussion in 'Health & Illness' started by Birdie, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just took my two female guineas down to the garden in their pet carrier to put them on the lawn, and when I took them out I noticed that there was a little bit of white discharge, sausage shaped and about 2cm long on the bottom of the carrier. It was mucousy in texture (sorry to be gross!). Both piggies seem in good health, although I think the older one has been ovulating as she's been purring and wiggling her bottom a lot.

What could this be? Do I need them to see a vet?

Thanks

2. KingBoris&HisFollowers

hi just wanted to know how long you have had them and if they could of been mis sexed?,i dont kno much about sows but this sounds like what happens when my boys get over excited

3. gp lover

gp lover Teenage Guinea Pig

I don't have sows either, but this sounds like a possibility to me. Perhaps she is really a he? I was told (don't really recall where) that males will sometimes have a discharge but that its normal. But I dont recall the actual possibility so I would wait for someone with alittle more positive info. Sorry I wasnt much help. >.< :(

4. Wiebke

Wiebke Moderator
    Staff Member

Could just be a one off... Very occasionally, I have come across the odd discharge that looked a bit strange - but as my sows were all OK and there was no repeat, I didn't follow it up.

I would only worry if it was something you find repeatedly.

5. Thanks guys. Hope she hasn't been mis-sexed otherwise it means I have a girl and a boy! :{

I'll keep an eye out for anymore - I've checked where she sleeps and can't find any in there.

x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.