• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

1st day of work today

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kellie

After 7 months off today is my first shist, I wont get home til 9.30pm :( I am really scared LOL

Awww, don't be scared - Hope you enjoy today... not that many people enjoy work. I have work 2 - 6 today :(

Let us know how it went later!

Ooh, what do you work for Kellie?

Good luck, you will do great :D

Well I work for the NHS caring for terminally ill children, I plan daily play activities! Hard work, I have done it since I left college.
I start at 1.30pm!

my sister does the same thing as you in a hospital in cambridge, good luck

It was horrid and I have done nothing but cry since getting in LOL, not only have i missed a day wioth my kids and animals, but I didnt know any of the staff as they were all new and they treated me like I knew nothing. I also found out that a little girl I cared for had died a few weeks ago and her funeral was last week and noone told me! I have also had all my work times changed without any notice so childcare is now a big issue and I have been booked on 10 training courses over the next 2 months that are in York!

Thats awful that no-one told you. I thought I had a bad four hours at work but it sounds like you have had it a lot worse than me! I am so sorry it has been like this for you. I have the same thing at work where the new people boss me about. Who do they think they are?

Dont know who they think they are but I aint staying there for much longer, once my 3 months is up and I dont have to pay the maternity pay back I am going!

Oh right do you have to work 3 months then to make sure you keep the maternity pay?

Yeah as with the NHS i got half pay as well as standard maternity, if I leave now I would have to pay back 7 months of half pay , if you get my drift?

sounds like the day from hell, just what you didnt want on anyday let alone your first one back... just go in tomorrow and kick some ass, if they dont know that your more experienced than them show them... and they will soon bow to your talents... hope it gets better, suppose it cant get much worse

Awwwwwwwww, I am so sorry that your first day back at work didn't go well :( Its terrible that they didn't let you know about the little girl that you used to care for :( I suppose because everyone is new there they didn't even think :( I really hope that the three months goes by quickly for you, or that things improve where you are and you are able to stay!

I was just wonderin g can work COMPLETELY change my hours ( to the point of making childcare impossible) without telling me, asking me or letting me know?

if its in your contract i think they can.

you can be expected to work the hours they want you to work as long as you are still doing the same job.

try giving these people a ring

http://www.acas.org.uk/

purplegem1985 said:
if its in your contract i think they can.

you can be expected to work the hours they want you to work as long as you are still doing the same job.

try giving these people a ring

http://www.acas.org.uk/

Its good that we have a legal secretary here :) lol. Hope they can't just change your hours. This lady went to see Citizens Advice cos my boss wanted to change her hours but none of us have contracts and we never have (which I think is illegal now) however and they said he can't just change them if there is no contract and also if she is a mother too they have to take it into account. It was something like that!

but surley i cant just come off maternity leave to different hours without being informed?

Think the lady at work also said they have to give you enough notice of it if they do decide to change hours. They can't just say one week your hours change and they will be put into effect from the following day/week. I don't know though. Try ringing the person Gem gave you or go to CAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back