2 Rats Rehome Reluctantly Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyGuineaPigPals

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have been putting this off but reluctantly I am going to have to find a new temp to perm home for my rats. They are two lovely girls about 18 months old, they come with this massive cage and toys!

Due to work issues and my rent going up I can no longer stay in my current flat and am having to move into my dads box room at his house for the time being. If any experienced rat lover could foster my girls for me please it would be great and if I move to a new place ill be happy to have them straight back but it is possible I may not manage that as fast as I want to so may result in long term foster/adoption.

My girls are called Rita and storm, they are pets at home adoption centre girls and they do have noisy breathing/sneezing problems. They have been checked by a vet a few times and seem healthy just a bit noisy and raspy. I love them regardless. They are a little on edge these days being handled as due to my work schedule I don't have them out as often as I used to which is why I bought them the big cage so they have more space instead. They love treats and tickles though and are sweet girls. If they stay localish to me I would love to visit them still and receive photos of them etc and I am happy to pay for any future vet bills for them too. I just want them to go to the correct home.

I am based in Hertfordshire

Photo of cage attached

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
View attachment 33145 sorry photo didnt attach itself from my phone. here it is. I don;t want to post on fb or other sites as I love the forum and community and trust the people on here, I am very fussy about who they go to haha
That's one big cage. They look very sweet all snuggled up x

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I'm in Wigan, which is approximately 150+ miles away. It wouldn't be too bad transporting the girls, but the cage is rather large to transport. I don't think I'd have anywhere to fit something of that size! It's amazing! :yikes:

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
We sadly have no space either, otherwise we could have considered it. They're gorgeous girls and that cage is amazing.

MyGuineaPigPals

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just as an update to this, if anyone wants to rehome them for me but my cage is too big I can put the cage in storage if you have a suitable cage you would rather use you don't have to use my cage if you don't want to. Ive only got until the 14th to try and find them somewhere good to go! Please help spread the word for my lovely girls

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I'll spread the word for you! I not going to be able to offer them a home, but I will ask around my ratty orientated friends!

Tabybim

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi my name is debra i'm quite new to this forum and I'm also from Hertfordshire and have kept rats before , you're girls look lovely and their cage is amazing ! Could I ask you a couple of questions about them such as their age? And are they okay to be around other animals I have a cat , dog and 4 guinea pigs?I really don't know if I can help you as I live at home with my parents but if you could answer my questions and if you're not too far away I could ask my parents if we could help.

MyGuineaPigPals

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi my name is debra i'm quite new to this forum and I'm also from Hertfordshire and have kept rats before , you're girls look lovely and their cage is amazing ! Could I ask you a couple of questions about them such as their age? And are they okay to be around other animals I have a cat , dog and 4 guinea pigs?I really don't know if I can help you as I live at home with my parents but if you could answer my questions and if you're not too far away I could ask my parents if we could help.
hi @Tabybim I have 4 guinea pigs and 2 hamsters as well but they live in a separate room to the rats (although they have now moved to my best friends house lol) I am unsure how the rats would be around a cat or a dog as I have never had one but I don't think they would be too phased as long as the cat and dog don't work out how to open their cage haha! as they can occasionally be territorial about they cage they may nip through the bars if fingers of noses get to close but as the bars are small this shouldn't be a problem and I'm sure any dogs or cats wouldn't try it twice if they did get a nip! the girls are about 18 months old!

Status
Not open for further replies.