• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

3 piggies and their Hutches STOLEN from Jo at Cheylesmore Guinea Pig Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrawleyGuineaPigRescue

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This morning whilst Jo was out doing the school run and then at a friends someone or a group of people came over her brick wall at the bottom of her garden and took 3 brand new hand made hutches with 3 rescue piggies in them. They left another piggie who was in an older hutch and didnt touch the bunnies. Jo says they must of used a ladder to get over the wall and obviously waited until she was out.
The police have been contacted, the local press has been contacted, vets have been informed and on Sunday we are going to leaflet the nearby houses and put up posters.
There is a reward for the safe return of the piggies or for information leading to the safe return. The hutches are not important. The piggies are. I have a photo of one of the piggies as 2 of the 3 piggies were from a large rescue in Surrey recently and Jo had space to take them. Will put photo up soon

This is absolutely awful, I saw what had happened on another forum and facebook. I really hope they can be found. There really are some horrible people in this world.

My goodness ! what is the world coming too !

Jo must be heart broken :(

Do you think they just wanted the hutches? Could there be a possibility the piggies were let free before the hutches were carried away?

So sorry for Jo and Cheylesmore Guinea Pig Rescue she has put a lot of work in to getting the rescue up and running.

I do hope the piggies can be found safe and well. :(

omg is it anywhere near where woo woo got stolen from, what is the world coming too when people are stealing animals from rescues and back yards grrrr

Not more stolen piggies :0
I can't even think about the panic, worry, sadness etc she's feeling from this.

heard about this on facebook... this is terrible.. she must be so upset about this... and the fact someone(s) trespassing in her garden.. i would hate that..

Esther x

We don't know if they were set free when they took the hutches. Jo has checked nearby bins and done everything she can for now. This has been devastating for Jo and her family.

The people who took the hutches and piggies are heartless. Sad day. :(

OMG that's awful! I hope the pigs are ok. How horrible for Jo :(

this is one of the piggies from the big rescue before the piggies went to Jo

howtosyringefeedapig-1.jpg

If anyone is around on Sunday afternoon Flips and myself are going armed with flyers and posters to do a leaflet drop in the area and put up posters on lamposts. The more people the merrier.

email me direct on [email protected]

words just can not describe................:(

is there any way of securing peoples hutches, this is really worrying, i feel so lucky i can have mine inside.

this is one of the piggies from the big rescue before the piggies went to Jo

howtosyringefeedapig-1.jpg

If anyone is around on Sunday afternoon Flips and myself are going armed with flyers and posters to do a leaflet drop in the area and put up posters on lamposts. The more people the merrier.

email me direct on [email protected]

I hope you don't mind but I have copied this photo and the story on to my facebook page xx

I totally and utterly understand how Jo must be feeling, my piggy was stolen along with its' hutch and a large storage container a week ago from the courtyard area outside my home. It is devastating and more than anything i just miss my little boy more than anything and want to know he is safe and well and being looked after. Why do people do this? Is this a new craze sweeping the country? Appalling, just disgusting.

Some advice from my experience this last week:
contact the police,
let the local RSPCA and rescues in the area know,
leaflets dropped in the area,
posters along the road they were taken,
posters in vets, pet shops (including pets at home), cafes, shops
spreading the word via forums, twitter and facebook,
contact your local paper,
keep an eye on preloved, freeads, gumtree,
KEEP ON THE CASE AND DONT GIVE UP

Best wishes to everyone concerned and i am here if Jo wants to talk to a fellow sufferer of pignapping x

vickie, i have seen your piggie info on facebook, and can clearly see his photo, i look out on ebay for hutches that have piggies in them, also preloved, gumtree.

your soooo right about keeping the case high profile and in peoples faces, never give up is what I say.

like I said in vickies thread, you really do need to make these thefts known about, make the piggies and the hutches as "hot" as possible.

Its a sorry state that hutches and their inhabitants are being stolen - and for what? I wish you all the luck and fingers crossed for a safe return of the piggies

Jo did wonder whether they had opened the doors of the hutches before taking them and possibly the piggies are hiding under the shed so she has set a trap tonight.

Have been in touch with the Coventry telegraph. Will do more tomorrow and if anyone else can think of places on the net to put this, please do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back