• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

£500 Vet Bill For Potential Bladder Stones?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently called around our local vets and asked if they had any cavy savvy vets. You do get some quite diverse replies, but generally you will find one that stands out. I took my Pip to a different one to my usual, and she was very good with him. Unfortunately he was pts, but I was confident with her diagnosis and believed we were doing the right thing. I think that I would pay what is required for surgery (I have been quoted a difference of £150 for the same surgery at two different vets before), but the x-ray does sound very expensive. Its probably worth taking 1/2 hour out and calling around to all the vets that you could travel to easily. Good luck

Another tip for finding a vet is asking at a local rescue, particularly a good rescue. They will tell you who they use and if they recommend a vet it speaks volumes as they are knowledgeable people and often spend a lot of time at the vets. I found my one through asking Honeybunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back