• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

a bully or just showing he's boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrissy88

Teenage Guinea Pig
I have a really bossy pig - we got 2 pigs which are same age 7months gizmo & dongle and 1 who is younger 5 months, mushkin their all boys. gizmo is one who is acting the boss doing hes strutting, chasing sniffing etc. last couple weeks Iv been hearing a really loud squeak from one so watch to see what was going on.

gizmo is attacking dongle, if dongle is chilling out somewhere eating or whatever gizmo will come up to him stare then jump him and I'm pretty sure he's biting him around his face and ears. then if dongle runs gizmo will chase him. hes only doing the attacking to dongle not mushkin. dongle is a very shy and quiet pig as it is and if hes getting bullied it will make him worse.

what should i do? they got a huge space to run around in, 2 lots of everything.
its so horrible hearing dongle squeak.

chrissy88

Teenage Guinea Pig
Dongle isn't attacking back its just Gizmo. yeah I check Dongle, Gizmo hasnt done any damage. if i really have no choice but to seperate how should i do it since ive got 3 boys. dont want to have one on his own.

Wiebke

Staff member
Have you got a cage you can subdivide? Otherwise, having one piggy right next door is best, so he has still company to interact with through the bars. Or you can go and find a new little friend for laid back Dongle. Logiebear runs a rescue in Manchester and I know that she does boar dating.

Many trios sadly do not survive the stroppy months.

chrissy88

Teenage Guinea Pig
yeah i can easily divide the cage so thats ok. i was thinking maybe getting dongle a girlfriend but not sure how much a good idea that will be i.e how will the other boys react then the cost of get dongle the dreaded snip.

Will gizmo attack mushkin if I remove dongle? I'm so sorry for the millions of questions lol

Status
Not open for further replies.