• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A delicate subject...to do with my downstairs lady area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok, this is a really embarrasing subject but I have no one else to turn to. I am 17 years old and a virgin, since Monday I've had this strange achy and almost twingy sensation right in my vaginal hole. It burns when I wee and the sensation when I walk is so odd, almost as if something is out of place down there... the ache is a lot like when I first tried a tampon years ago (didn't like them so haven't used them since)

The only things I can think of is that I came off my period on the friday and had a bath with a lot of scented bubbles as well as soap, I thought I might have thrush but I have no itching, my vaginal opening does seem to be a bit swollen though. I'm also suffering from swine flu at the moment and on tuesday I had bad diarrhea, I'm thinking something might have come out of place when I went to the loo. I'm so frightened something is seriously wrong with me, please help! :red

if it was a guinea pig i would say go to the vet, but seeing as its a hooooman id say go see your gp! :))

It might be cystitis? Or just a little infection. Can you look around google?

Also if it was a piggy we usually ask for pics, on this occasion i dont think its the right thing to do lol

I would of thought that with cystitis it doesn't make your actual "hole" ache, I'm unable to go to the doctors as I've got swine flu, they've told me that they don't want other people to get my germs lol.

Thanks for the advice.

Could you get yourself a telephone appt where you can discuss the problem with your GP? I hope you manage to get it sorted. It sounds like an infection of some sort where antibiotics maybe required.

I'm sure its nothing serious. Maybe just a little infection. Have you had any strange discharge other than the usual?

If you're worried about going to your GP I would ring NHS Direct on 0845 46 47.
You'll be asked the problem by an operator and then a nurse will ring you back (usually within an hour). I've used them many times (I have an OH, a child and 2 elderly parents) and they have always been efficient, reassuring and extremely good. They are open 24/7 but you will probably find that this time of day is quieter.
Good luck!

I was going to say NHS direct too. I think when you are run down it makes all your bits and pieces sore. I would think it is worth getting canesten type stuff anyway to help soothe as an infection doesn't always have itches. try to wear cotton under garments and also try to boost your vit c and keep the fluids up. I get a similar thing when i am run down. if you can face it go to ann summers and get their buzz fresh wipes or femfresh (sensitve) ones from boots they can really help too if you use them a couple of times a day it it continues for more than 3-4 days you may need to get antibiotics but it may sort itself out on it's own.

Mines ached before, but normally around period. If your too ill to go to the doctors just call NHS direct hunni. And dont be embaressed, most of us are girls here and were here to help with whatever. hugs.

Creams that might sooth it are: caneston or sudocream. Sudocream wont help an infection but it will sooth it if its just irritated. :)

Thanks so much everyone, my mum says to leave it till the Monday as it may be because of the swine flu I'm feeling especially sore. Would it be worth getting some canesten cream even though I'm unsure as to whether it is thrush or not?

If its sore I would get sudocream, its always helped me when I'm sore. But if its itchy it might be worth getting caneston. If it burns when you wee and your achey get some sachets which you drink for cystitus. You can get all from a chemists.
x

Oh and drink lots of water or cranberry juice (might not be great if you've had a poorly tummy tho) maybe just water then, to flush you out! :)

Hi,

It could be an infection, or irritation due to the soap, or a side effect of the flu you have.

The fact you have no discharge, bleeding or severe pain suggests it's not too serious and also you have age on your side.

I would invest in some gentle bath products maybe baby bath and use this in the bath for a week, it won't hurt to get some cansten cream to treat the outside inflamed area.

I'd book an appointment with your GP once your over the swine flu just to check you over:))

When you pee can you feel it burning down you urethea or just around your vagina? If you feeling it burn down your urethea then it does sound like you've got alittle infection. Have you tried natural yogurt? I know it sounds odd but there's bacteria in yogurt that help clear infections. Read up on it.
I take those cystitis sachets every month as i get an ''undectable'' infection - basically i get the symptoms of cystitis but there's no infection. Comes a couple days after sex. But I'm still on pursuit to find out why it happens cos I'm not buying the idea they can't find anything wrong as those sachets are:)>>>

hope you get to see a doc soon! drinks lots of water too

x

Hun it sounds to me that you have thrush, it makes you feel very sore, very itchy, achy and almost 'heavy' down there. It won't hurt to use canestan or even take the tablet you can buy over the counter even if it isn't thrush, but I do think it is. You can buy a pack that includes a tablet and some cream :)

Just to add wear loose clothing and cotton knickers!

Sounds like it could be thrush hun, its nothing to worry about and can be treated with cream or tablets from the chemist. x

defo water infection.... go see gp... drink plemty, especially cranberry juice

does sound like thrush I'm a sufferer of this a lot of times and i often feel like this you can also get a bit smelly with thrush and cottage cheese like discharge (sorry if anyone is eating):)) canerstan cream will work fab and the tablet is brill, it wont hurt if its not thrush but it does sound like thrush x

does sound like thrush I'm a sufferer of this a lot of times and i often feel like this you can also get a bit smelly with thrush and cottage cheese like discharge (sorry if anyone is eating):)) canerstan cream will work fab and the tablet is brill, it wont hurt if its not thrush but it does sound like thrush x

:(|):(|)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back