A family bereavement, a birthday and an isolation πŸ’”πŸ’–

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I dont even know where to start with the past week πŸ’”
I don't have the best relationship with my family and my parents cut contact a few years ago, however I've always had an amazing relationship with my grandparents, I lived with them until I was 9 and they were always my favourites πŸ’– they taught me everything I know πŸ’– unfortunately as my mum became their carer I haven't been allowed contact in nearly 2 years (nothing official but she wouldn't let me near). On Tuesday my mum rang me to say my grandad was dying and the hospice nurses had said I could go and say goodbye πŸ’– he had very severe dementia and had been bed bound for 3 years as he lost his ability to balance. I didn't know but my nan is now bedbound and in very bad health also. It was amazing to see them again, there's not been a day I haven't thought of them. My grandad didn't wake up while I was there but I'm glad I got to go anyway, my nan was so very happy to see me πŸ’– he passed away in the early hours of yesterday πŸ’” sleep tight grandad I will forever remember the good times and I'm so glad you got to meet my children, you loved them so very much as they did you πŸ’–
last night little luna started to become really poorly with a sky High temp we cant get down πŸ’– today is her 3rd birthday poor girl πŸ’– had a remote consult with gp and he's prescribed antibiotics, ear infection and she's also got strawberry tongue so it's possible but not definite until/if a rash appears that she has scarlett fever but he's prescribed antibiotics to treat it. He also said due to her also having cold like symptoms and a really high fever we had to isolate and test her for covid as they don't know much about covid in kids it seems to affect them differently but it should hopefully not be that, more of a formality and precaution but poor kid got swabbed for her birthday! Hope we get negative results super quickly my cats supposed to be having blood tests tomorrow but looks like I may have to rearrange! Happy birthday luna isabelle I'm sorry your too poorly to enjoy it but we will celebrate properly when your better πŸ’– love you so much my little Ray of sunshine β˜€πŸ’–
This week has been emotionally draining, I've had hardly any sleep and feel pulled in a million directions but I wanted a little post to my grandad that I could look back on πŸ’–
Photos of my grandad and also of the birthday girl πŸ’–
IMG-20201124-WA0003.jpgFB_IMG_1605000793354.jpgFB_IMG_1606672822804.jpgIMG_20201120_174204.jpgScreenshot_20201129-182129~2.png

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Am sorry to hear you're going through such a hard time, I'm sure your grandad knew you were there and how much he was loved. Sorry too, to hear your daughter is unwell, not the best way to spend a birthday. Remember to look after yourself. πŸ€—

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
:luv: bless you.... what a week.. So sorry to hear about your Grandad.. I hope Luna's results are negative for Covid and she feels better really soon..... Take some time to look after yourself...even if its just a nice long relaxing bath x

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
What a week!
So sorry it’s been so tough.
It’s lovely that you were able to see your grandparents.
Poor Luna, hope the meds work and she recovers quickly so that she can celebrate her birthday.

Happy birthday πŸŽ‰ Luna.

Will be holding you in my heart

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sorry you are having such a tough week, but am happy you finally got to see your grandparents again.
And although he wasn't awake, I bet your grandad sense you were there and it bought him joy.

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
What a week you are having. I’m so sorry it’s been so tough on you. It’s lovely that you got to see your Grandad and to see and support your Nan, too. But it’s a really tough call saying your final goodbyes to family you’ve been so close to. Huge hugs to you x
Hope Luna soon feels better so she can celebrate her birthday xx

eileen

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Gosh you have had a difficult time.I'm pleased you got to see your grand father,he will have known you were with him,hearing and feeling tends to be the last senses that stay.you have had to grow up so fast.i hope Luna gets a negative test to covid, and soon celebrates her birthday.sending positive thoughts.

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Thankyou everybody πŸ’– I'm so glad my mum called, while I don't think we will ever have the typical mother daughter relationship (I had that more with my grandparents) it's nice to be civil and she has done a great job caring for my grandparents I just wish idve been able to go sooner πŸ’– so nice to see my nan though πŸ’– I won't visit for a while now due to covid and not wanting to take any risks with my nans health but I'm hopeful I'll be able to call at least πŸ’– it all came as such a shock, my nan recently spent 8 weeks in hospital with pneumonia, sepsis and cellulitis, the doctors didn't think she'd make it home and said it wouldn't be appropriate to resuscitate her apparently, I didn't find any of this out until Tuesday so it's all come as such a shock 🀯
Birthday girl perked up about an hour ago thankfully and is enjoying playing with her new toys after sleeping most of the day πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ just happy to see her happy so will take the sleepless night πŸ’– I'm hopeful the covid test will be negative I can't see where she could've got it from it's just a precaution I think :) just hope I get the results before 9am so I don't have to rearrange the cats blood tests 😳 babybelles been worrying me and I'd like to get to the bottom of her issues 😳 shout out to daddy pig for holding down the Fort and sorting all the fur babies and helping with home schooling so I could focus on luna, I don't want to think about how much housework I have to do tomorrow πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ xx

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
What a hard week you've had. Don't worry about the housework family is far more important than a bit of dust, a floor that needs hoovering or a bathroom that needs cleaning.
Hope Luna's test comes back negative.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I’m so sorry for your loss. Your grandad sounds amazing. Same for your grandma. I’m glad you got to see him even though he wasn’t awake.

I hope Luna starts feeling better soon. Hugs

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Oh I’m so sorry, massive hugs. Really hope you’re ok. So sorry you’ve lost your grandad, he sounded so lovely, I’m so glad you got to see him and say goodbye. :hug:
Hope Luna feels better soon, glad she felt well enough to play with some toys bless her!
Hope gorgeous Babybelle doing ok too ❀
The housework can be done another day, look after you and your girls and have a rest for once! xx

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I’m so sorry you have had such an emotional rollercoaster of a time. Your Grandad will have known you were there to say goodbye and will be watching over you and your family always, treasure your memories of him. Hope little Luna picks up quickly and can enjoy a belated birthday very soon x

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Thankyou everyone πŸ’– my grandad wouldn't want the family arguing so I'm trying harder with my mum etc πŸ’– he was such a family man and hands on grandad πŸ’–
Luna tested negative for corona and babybelle is currently at the vets having her bloods, hoping for some good news there I think we need it 😊
Just been for a walk with luna and doggo to pick pebble some more safe weeds :) will start on the housework soon πŸ’–
I'm feeling exhausted and achy but feeling better seeing luna looking brighter πŸ’–

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Glad the test was negative. I've got my fingers crossed for some good news on Babybelle. Goodness knows you need it! So sorry to hear about your Grandad.

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hope my beautiful Babybelle’s results are good! ❀So glad Luna’s all negative! :D Think I’ve lost count how many tests you guys have had, I felt horrendous after one coughing and spluttering, you guys having so many is amazing. Everything crossed stuff gets better when all cleared then! xx
Bugger the housework! Snuggle pigs and kids and tortoise and sit on your bum I say! Then extra big ones for Babybelle! xx