• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A lady at work STOLE my jacket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I am so annoyed today....

Not last Friday but the Friday before, just as we were leaving work, a lady there showed me and Nat a jacket saying " I got this from a carboot for 50p! " I said to her... "I lost a jacket that looks exactly like that 1" - Also said that I still have the tie round bit but not the jacket and her jacket didn't have the tie round bit. On the following Monday, the deputy supervisors bounty choc bar went missing and she same lady who had same jacket as me was eating 1... she said it was hers but I doubt it. Also £10 from the Toddler Room has gone missing!

Anyways... today, that lady was wearing MY jacket - I so knew it was mine. I told the supervisor bout it and said that it will either be a 12 (the size I am) or a 14 as I sometimes get next size up in jackets. She went and asked this lady and she said hers was a size 12 (this lady is bout a size 16!) I spoke to my manager about it and she said theres not much they can do.

At lunch-time, I was covering this lady's lunch break and she left the jacket in the room. I had a look at it and its still got dirty marks on from when I had the jacket. The manager came over too to have a look. It was a dorethy perkins jacket and the deputy supervisor that morning said she thought my jacket was a DP one!

Anyways the manger and supervisor called me into office and said there is nothing they can do, as the supervisor went in and told this lady my jacket was a size 14 when I said it could be either 12 or 14. I also had said that it was prob a topshop jacket but wasnt sure and it was a DP 1 (they didnt tell the lady that bit!).

I am so angry now as I know she is wearing my jacket. Everybody else agrees its my jacket too. The manager said if i can get more proof its mine then they will take it further. It just annoys me how I know somebody I work with is stealing. I take my phone and my purse to the nursery so now I am so worried bout her stealing other stuff. At the min she is in so much debt e.t.c.

Does anybody have any ideas what to do? - I would love to take the jacket back if she left it around which I know I really can't. I am not talking to this lady at the min and I will never talk to her again for stealing!

well, i wouldve confronted her. say you saw her take it!

I can't cos I didn't.

I lost two jackets aabout a month a go - I found 1 and couldn't find the 1 she took (obviously!). As I have said, I have the tie round bit.

Grrrr!

This is sneaky, but somehow put your initials in it somewhere discreet, then go and tell the supervisor 'oh I forgot to mention the intials!' Or even a specific rip or something!

LOL :D Really hope you can get it back. This woman is in no way right to do any stealing - being in debt or not. There are plenty of people tha can help.

Sneaky but I like it :D

Give it a go it may just work!

Ooh Kelly I love the way your mind works. That is a stroke of genius. :)

have you got any photos of you wearing it? or is there any one who can say it was yours who does'nt work with you both would be evidence, but that was a good idea with the initials, just make sure everyone knows about the theiving cow and make sure absolutly everything everyone owns has proof of their property, I'd make a show of bringing in some kiddys name tags and offering them around in front of her, if she asks for one say "I dont think you need it" what a cow! I could'nt have held my anger back, (dont suppose you still have the receipt?)

I have got to work with this lady tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. I am not going to talk to her at all after what she has done. I told the managers I am not going to talk to her and they said that is fine aslong as everything remains "professional" which I have said it will do. I only have to work with this lady on a Monday but still.... I can see its going to be a long day!

If it's your jacket, take it back. You can't steal something that's already yours. She has to pee eventually, when she does take the jacket back. Carry an extra bag or something with you (with something stupid in it that you "need") and shove the jacket in it. Then when she says something about it, just say, "No, this one's not yours. I found the one I lost." And then you haven't even lied. And then make sure everything you take with you to work from now on either has your name on it or doesn't leave your side. Of course, if it isn't yours and you made a terrible mistake because you stumble upon yours elsewhere, you'll have to appologize. Like you said though, it's most likely yours and she did in fact take it so that shouldn't be a problem. After all she should have to have the same proof the jacket is hers that they want you to produce to prove it's yours.

Guess what... £10 has gone missing from my friends purse. She works in the same room as the lady who stole my jacket so it must have been her. This lady is denying taking the money but its a problem cos we can't prove it!

Could you set a trap by putting a £5 or £10 that has been marked in a way that you will recognise you must show it to whoever is in charge so that they recognise it too if it goes missing then she could ask everyone to look in their purses and if you all agreed except the guilty person then she would look as if she has something to hide by not agreeing to check her purse like everyone else

Or talk to your boss about putting in a camera...those samll ones?

Nothing has been done yet? Surely they have to do something if money and items are getting stolen regularly?

Day off today so will let you know what is happening tomorrow. As they can't prove it was this lady, I am guessing nothing will happen again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back