• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

I once managed myself with the straw when trying to open a Caprisun.

I'm sorry for laughing but only because I may have done something similar once :shh: there's two cuts on the middle finger and one on the thumb, both facing towards the first finger...which is why it doesn't make any sense for it to have been the scissors.

I also once drank a nutrimilk and managed to step on the ringpull, that went rather deep XD. I'm fairly accident prone, one day, I may be able to convince people that all the scars are a result of something a little more dramatic. Also have a few scars from a dog attack, one scar from walking into a lamp-post (was about 9), one from deliberately stepping on a rake to prove it only happened in cartoons (I was wrong), several from a night out last year (don't walk 8 miles when you've clearly had enough), a few more - oh and one from managing to trap my finger between a mooring pin and a sledgehammer, a few from when I decided at 5 to play with a razor, a burn from a halogen over and a dislocated shoulder, twice. Other than that I'm fine, although I do now have a very high pain threshold XD.

EDIT - Couple of years ago at work I was picked to do the H&S thing, did it by the book, one of my entries was me cutting my finger open while trying to open a pack of teaspoons - described it as a minor laceration to digit X.

I've never been successful opening a Caprisun. Either the foil hole just won't open and I end up bending the straw. Or the hole opens and the drink spills everywhere!

I also have issues with Frubes, those yogurts that come in a tubey packet thing. The tear open part never 'tears open', it just tears off, and the pack remains sealed. I work in a school for children with special needs and a boy with autism would always have a frube in his lunch box. He always ate his food items in a set order and I would dread when he passed me his Frube to open, it was like ok, ok no pressure, just tear along the dotted line, how hard can it be. But every time it would just tear off and he'd reach for it and the world would end when I hadn't managed to open it 😳😵

I've never been successful opening a Caprisun. Either the foil hole just won't open and I end up bending the straw. Or the hole opens and the drink spills everywhere!

I also have issues with Frubes, those yogurts that come in a tubey packet thing. The tear open part never 'tears open', it just tears off, and the pack remains sealed. I work in a school for children with special needs and a boy with autism would always have a frube in his lunch box. He always ate his food items in a set order and I would dread when he passed me his Frube to open, it was like ok, ok no pressure, just tear along the dotted line, how hard can it be. But every time it would just tear off and he'd reach for it and the world would end when I hadn't managed to open it 😳😵

:) I went through both sides into my finger, do sympathise, we all had that problem when we were younger, back in the days of Sunny-D being one of your five-a-day and waggonwheels being the size of hubcaps. :) Never tried frubes, always soak myself with Yazoo though.

I also once drank a nutrimilk and managed to step on the ringpull, that went rather deep XD. I'm fairly accident prone, one day, I may be able to convince people that all the scars are a result of something a little more dramatic. Also have a few scars from a dog attack, one scar from walking into a lamp-post (was about 9), one from deliberately stepping on a rake to prove it only happened in cartoons (I was wrong), several from a night out last year (don't walk 8 miles when you've clearly had enough), a few more - oh and one from managing to trap my finger between a mooring pin and a sledgehammer, a few from when I decided at 5 to play with a razor, a burn from a halogen over and a dislocated shoulder, twice. Other than that I'm fine, although I do now have a very high pain threshold XD.

I stood on a plug once, that left a nice hole in my foot. I remember telling my mum and her being like, "Should've paid attention to where you were going then, shouldn't you?" lol, I trapped the middle finger on my left hand in the door (as in, couldn't open the door on it) when the door handle was on my right side and I have no idea how that even works, broke my ribs stubbing my toe on a manhole, fell down the stairs (drunk) and tore a muscle in my shoulder doing it, sliced my hand on some dried grass on my carpet...

The world would be much less interesting without those of us prone to..."incidents"

Sorry that made me laugh. My son has autism and you're so right about these little things being a big problem..

Oh and I also took one of these apart a couple of years ago:
iu

The panels all come off, as do the doors, but there's a steel frame, naturally I undid all the bolts, it split like a banana and the top - which weighs about 20Kg fell straight on my head, it bounced off and I ended up wearing it like a collar - that hurt, I wore a hardhat for the next two weeks - which was quite useful as I managed to take a shortcut through a building site on the way to lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and I also took one of these apart a couple of years ago:
iu

The panels all come off, as do the doors, but there's a steel fram, naturally I undid all the bolts, it split like a banana and the top - which weighs about 20Kg fell straight on my head, it bounced off and I ended up wearing it like a collar - that hurt, I wore a hardhat for the next two weeks - which was quite useful as I managed to take a shortcut through a building site on the way to lunch.

I bought myself a new graphics card some time ago, and I took the old one out and put it next to the new one. And realised I should probably have checked the size of the things before I bought the new one, since it was about twice the length. "Are you sure it's gonna fit." "Course it's gonna fit." "Yeah but..." "IT'LL FIT." Who says the IT people know what they're doing?

I bought myself a new graphics card some time ago, and I took the old one out and put it next to the new one. And realised I should probably have checked the size of the things before I bought the new one, since it was about twice the length. "Are you sure it's gonna fit." "Course it's gonna fit." "Yeah but..." "IT'LL FIT." Who says the IT people know what they're doing?

:) No, we're just very good at giving the impression that we know what we're doing, just be sure to run if anyone ever says 'that's interesting'. Most of IT support in business is usually basic common sense troubleshooting, combined with Google, in simpler times they'd know stuff off by heart, but there's just so many different branches these days that no-one really knows everything, Windows has tended to stay roughly functionally the same, as have most of the unixy stuff, but jack of all trades etc (for some reason if it had a plug it was my job, fixed an industrial blender once).

Sorry that made me laugh. My son has autism and you're so right about these little things being a big problem..
I think knowing the order that he ate his food acted like a countdown to the moment when he was going to thrust the Frube at me to open and that just added to the pressure to trying to open it successfully! 🙈

Seriously though, I love my job so much. Wouldn't change it for the world 😁

I worked in electrics, when something new was been tested, the boss would say " give it to Angie to test" cause if could go wrong it would with me. Like safety plugs than such only fit one way,l managed to fit back to front and blow the £7,000 machine up.

I know this is selfish but being kept indoors with a kid (I don't have kids and this is just reminding why every damn day)

I know this is selfish but being kept indoors with a kid (I don't have kids and this is just reminding why every damn day)
Children are lovely and need exercising regularly - a bit like a dog! As long as they are taught how they are generally well behaved. A bored child is a child that will get up to mischief. I have 3 grown up boys 1 has had his A Levels cancelled and the other 2 have decent jobs and are reasonable members of society. If you show a child a responsible way of living they have a good role model. Not all children are bad or unruly. All children want is love and a stable background and routine.

Children are lovely and need exercising regularly - a bit like a dog! As long as they are taught how they are generally well behaved. A bored child is a child that will get up to mischief. I have 3 grown up boys 1 has had his A Levels cancelled and the other 2 have decent jobs and are reasonable members of society. If you show a child a responsible way of living they have a good role model. Not all children are bad or unruly. All children want is love and a stable background and routine.
Yeah I know as I'm from a big family myself (6 when we all get together and 21 grandchildren all younger than me (endless babysitting)

He came over on Wednesday because he had kicked his younger brother off the bunk bed ladder. He can be good as gold when he wants to be. Now he's around here, he can play on the PS4 as often as he wants.

(I just don't think is fair that he gets favored over his other brothers)

BT!
Trying to get through to customer services is a nightmare. I cancelled my mum’s telephone line on 13.1.20 after she had moved into a residential care Home and received an email of confirmation on the 14.1.20. Checked her bank statement and they are still taking money monthly out of her current account. Eventually got through after three tries and two hours later, spoke to one of their advisors who apologised and received three emails to confirm they will refund the payments and close the account. One hour later got another email to confirm new dd payment of £26 per month! I am going round in circles and have all day to listen to crap piped music and it erupted by a Scottish lady telling me I’m in a queue and they are currently very busy! Total madness:doh:

BT!
Trying to get through to customer services is a nightmare. I cancelled my mum’s telephone line on 13.1.20 after she had moved into a residential care Home and received an email of confirmation on the 14.1.20. Checked her bank statement and they are still taking money monthly out of her current account. Eventually got through after three tries and two hours later, spoke to one of their advisors who apologised and received three emails to confirm they will refund the payments and close the account. One hour later got another email to confirm new dd payment of £26 per month! I am going round in circles and have all day to listen to crap piped music and it erupted by a Scottish lady telling me I’m in a queue and they are currently very busy! Total madness:doh:
Yep, same thing happened to us when we had problems with our broadband in January. It took a month of repeated calls, retelling of what the problems are, constant transferring of calls (from India, to Glasgow, then to Dublin and God knows where else) and sometimes being dropped off call! My hubby has resulted to telling them first hand to pull up his account and read all the complaints in their record before they ask him what the problem is. 🙄🤦‍♀️👎

With so many people being at home, some of which are having to self isolate, and are possibly following the advice to keep windows in shared rooms open, can all the other people NOT be having bonfires in their back gardens PLEASE!

The disease sweeping the world is known to affect the lungs and people's breathing, so deciding to burn whatever waste you may have in the garden is a completely selfish thing to do. Especially when you live on a housing estate and there are people living all around you :td:

Also, my guinea pigs live in an outdoor hutch and I don't like the fact that at any time of the year, in 2020, people think it's OK to have a bonfire in their garden.
People are burning garden waste now in Northampton because the council have put a charge on collection brown bin waste ( garden waste) so no other option, other than get ripped off. They won't even hold the charging for collecting bins whilst corona is going wild. Madness

Back