• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

Sadly going to his house is out of the question as he’s a live in carer. I rested in the back of the car whilst my brother, my husband and parents went for a walk but I missed out. Unfortunately he doesn’t drive so him coming to visit us is difficult as public transport from there to here isn’t the greatest. It takes a two trains and two buses and like I say, he’s a live in carer so he can’t be away from her for too long
Sorry. Just plan and look forward to the next visit. Maybe (always have hope) next time you will know more about what’s causing the episodes.

Mosquitoes, bugs, flies & spiders in my home, especially in my bedroom when I want to sleep! I lie down & seconds later bzzzzzzz.... Sod off & go outside- I'm tired! :zzz:

Oh boy, I love it when random anxiety settles in. No idea where this came from, but it happened yesterday as well. Just...make yourself at home and give me a feel of mild, impeding dread, why don’t you?

Blah.

I stood on the tiniest sliver of glass, I'm assuming from the mirror incident a couple weeks back. Can I find the sliver? No. How did I miss a sliver for that long? Unknown. Eugh.

Getting out of the car.... No, let me rephrase that... Attempting to get out of the car when I got home last night after a long day & the door handle breaks off in my hand!
I had to wind the window down open from the outside & wind the window back up! Grr!
... & thinking about it, how long have I had the car... 1yr 5'ish days... It had a years warranty from the garage I got it from :doh: what are my chances it's covered.. Nil! :(
DSC_3676.JPG
Damn it! Small print reading & superglue search coming up me thinks! :(

Getting left with the nearly 2 year old all weekend because one of his parents "needs a weekend off". Said parent then uses emotional blackmail & lies but that's apparently ok because "he's ok there with you"

Getting left with the nearly 2 year old all weekend because one of his parents "needs a weekend off". Said parent then uses emotional blackmail & lies but that's apparently ok because "he's ok there with you"
Sorry! Next time say no. It’s a complete sentence.

So.

Neighbour A got arrested AGAIN on Friday and is apparently in court tomorrow morning, but whether it's for threatening arson, threatening to kill someone, or for assaulting two police officers nobody's quite sure. This'll sound awful but I'll be mad as hell if it's for assaulting the officers because we've been putting up with him and this behaviour for months and if they keep him now it sends a real good message - abuse and assault your neighbours all you like, just leave the police out of it. Ugh. And if he gets released tomorrow he'll come straight back here and so far there's at least 3 people have said they'll happily do what the courts won't. Just lock the guy up already, it's safer for everyone.

Neighbours B and C aren't talking to Neighbour D because D has been rude and abusive too, except D mostly just yells a lot and bangs walls with rolling pins. D also threatened to slit A's throat when Friday happened. B and C really aren't impressed. BUT THE WEIRD THING, D is nothing but polite and friendly to me. I have one of those faces. Or voices. Or both. It's weird.

And the worst of all these things? I had to run the dryer 3 times before it actually finished drying my clothes today. Unreal lol.

Argh. I swear someone somewhere has it in for me at the minute.

Last night, went to bed, everything was fine. Woke up this morning and I have a large lump (the whole of it can be grabbed into a small fist type size) that turned up out of nowhere. Visibly it's not huge or anything but there's a lot of it is under the skin, you just have to prod around to find it. What you can see is like...imagine a blood blister with a few layers of skin over it? Yeah that. But solid, there's no give in it at all. And it's in a very awkward place which means sitting, standing and walking are impossible to find a way that's comfortable. I can't get a GP appointment earlier than a telephone consult on Wednesday. But honestly I'd be tempted to go up to urgent care with it because it's definitely hotter than the skin around it and it came up that size scarily fast, but then I'd be very embarrassed if it turned out to be nothing. Even more so because of where it is. And I don't even know if it'd be possible to have them check because where it is, any doctor would insist on a chaperone and uh, social distancing.

Bit of backstory needed for this one...so, I volunteer at my local food bank on Monday mornings. Usually, we have various churches giving us food donations, but they weren’t able to do so during lockdown. Instead, they very kindly gave us cash donations.

Went to help out this morning, all was fine...until it was discovered that about £200 of the cash donations was missing. No sign of a break in, all doors were locked. Which means...it might’ve been an inside job. Was revealed that keys from the main office (not the one in the food bank) had gone walkabouts during lockdown, and had only just reappeared. It wasn’t any of the volunteers, and I’m not just saying that to defend them. We were all pretty shocked.

But really...who steals from a food bank? And it was just cash, nothing else had been touched. What makes this even odder is that there was a cash donation sitting on top of the desk in our little office that hadn’t been touched.

My new printer! My old printer refused to work so I bought a new one. Followed the "Easy Installation Guide" (really?) and about 2 hours later the printer still wasn't connected or installed! My son uninstalled the printer from my laptop, we turned off the new printer, restarted the computer and it installed in about 5 minutes! Why couldn't it have done that in the first place? It drove me and my son potty! (to put it very politely we are a family forum!)

My new printer! My old printer refused to work so I bought a new one. Followed the "Easy Installation Guide" (really?) and about 2 hours later the printer still wasn't connected or installed! My son uninstalled the printer from my laptop, we turned off the new printer, restarted the computer and it installed in about 5 minutes! Why couldn't it have done that in the first place? It drove me and my son potty! (to put it very politely we are a family forum!)
How frustrating! These fandangled gadgets are meant to make our life easier not harder!

Argh. I swear someone somewhere has it in for me at the minute.

Last night, went to bed, everything was fine. Woke up this morning and I have a large lump (the whole of it can be grabbed into a small fist type size) that turned up out of nowhere. Visibly it's not huge or anything but there's a lot of it is under the skin, you just have to prod around to find it. What you can see is like...imagine a blood blister with a few layers of skin over it? Yeah that. But solid, there's no give in it at all. And it's in a very awkward place which means sitting, standing and walking are impossible to find a way that's comfortable. I can't get a GP appointment earlier than a telephone consult on Wednesday. But honestly I'd be tempted to go up to urgent care with it because it's definitely hotter than the skin around it and it came up that size scarily fast, but then I'd be very embarrassed if it turned out to be nothing. Even more so because of where it is. And I don't even know if it'd be possible to have them check because where it is, any doctor would insist on a chaperone and uh, social distancing.

Update: went to urgent care. It's a very deep (and sizeable) abscess. Antibiotics for a week and if that doesn't clear it up, back to urgent care to discuss the next step. I should skip the GP entirely more often :roll:

Update: went to urgent care. It's a very deep (and sizeable) abscess. Antibiotics for a week and if that doesn't clear it up, back to urgent care to discuss the next step. I should skip the GP entirely more often :roll:

Oh gosh that's horrendous. Let's hope it gets sorted with the ABs. If not I've heard Simon in Northampton is good with abscesses and probably more efficient than your GP :))

Oh gosh that's horrendous. Let's hope it gets sorted with the ABs. If not I've heard Simon in Northampton is good with abscesses and probably more efficient than your GP :))
Yep, remember to ask for Zithromax. The only disadvantage of going to see Simon would be if he needed to take your temperature :blink::blink:
(Hope it clears up soon!)

probably more efficient than your GP :))

Hey probably doesn't even come into it, I looked up 111s website (zero point in calling them while my GP surgery was still open) and it said "See your GP today or tomorrow. Can't do that? Go to urgent care."

I went, had a panic attack, ran outside to have a cigarette, went back in to be triaged, lost it AGAIN, they told me I could wait outdoors and they'd get someone to call me through, they then forgot about me, THEN accused me of having left and come back...and finally had to give me a dose of diazepam to get me to calm down. And apologised for saying I'd left when I hadn't.

Yep, remember to ask for Zithromax.

They've actually given me an antibiotic from the same class as Zithromax :))

Just make sure you don’t toilet on them...

Wait, am I not supposed to do that?!

Back