A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Update: went to urgent care. It's a very deep (and sizeable) abscess. Antibiotics for a week and if that doesn't clear it up, back to urgent care to discuss the next step. I should skip the GP entirely more often :roll:
Ouch, that sounds painful! Glad you got it looked at and some treatment though, Blodwen pig says dont forget to give yourself a treat snack if you are good at taking your antibiotics! Sending hugs and healing wheeks and Blodwen sends grapes, strawberry tops and parsley x

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Broadband has been playing up since Sunday 😒 I’ve got work I need to do online!
And a child in my son’s class went home with symptoms today. If we test comes back positive they have to self-isolate. Which I assume means me as well 😱😭

Sar

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Spent an hour trying to do some printing for my scrapbook. All was going well, then my coloured ink ran out. Changed my ink, pressed print.... I have red photos! Red!

How? Why?

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Spent an hour trying to do some printing for my scrapbook. All was going well, then my coloured ink ran out. Changed my ink, pressed print.... I have red photos! Red!

How? Why?
Did you put in the correct cartridge? Sorry 😬

• Haha
Reactions: Sar

gerbilord

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
went to my local garden centre today to get some plant pots and hay for the piggies - saw baby guinea pigs for sale with no mummy and they were absolutely tiny! I was so upset. They looked like they still needed their mother's milk. I just hope maybe the mummy was being health-checked or similar.

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
My lovely late Mum always said "if it tasts 'orrible it does you good"
Problem is the tablets themselves taste fine, whatever coating they use actually tastes pretty good. But they leave a really nasty taste in the mouth that doesn't disappear no matter what I do (or eat), 24/7.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Problem is the tablets themselves taste fine, whatever coating they use actually tastes pretty good. But they leave a really nasty taste in the mouth that doesn't disappear no matter what I do (or eat), 24/7.
Oh no! That’s like mefloquine tablets. I had to swallow without letting them melt on the mouth 🤮

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Oh no! That’s like mefloquine tablets. I had to swallow without letting them melt on the mouth 🤮
Never taken them but I can absolutely sympathise. I swear it's like tasting the stomach acid after you've boked (what a great mental image for everyone, heh). It's pretty much constant but it gets worse about half an hour after taking them and stays that way for a few hours. I've been on these before and the same thing happened but my options were this antibiotic, or whatever the penicillin-based one was they gave me for a skin infection once and it only took a day before I'd be boking up every tablet and then some. Lesser of two evils or something.

I miss being a child. Least then we got the banana flavoured amoxicillin.

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Cyclists wearing dark clothing on tree lined roads that are dark! Come on, get some common sense, wear something white/fluorescent so we can see you! I was only driving slowly but really struggled to see someone this morning, dressed in total black

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I'm allergic to amoxicillin so have never experienced it banana flavoured. Sounds yum though!
It was! Still can be (I can't take amoxicillin capsules) but you need to get the right pharmacy. Some of them use a version using something like...artificial sweeteners or something. I did get some of the good stuff a couple years back though so it still exists.

(I have problems swallowing capsules, it's not the amoxicillin itself).