• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

Not sure if this counts but it's winding me up & didn't seem enough for its own thread... my youngest age 12 has a group of friends who are always together at school lunchtimes etc, and she invites all of them to her birthdays etc. Most of them have known each other since infant school, a couple have been included this last year at high school.

One of her oldest friends is having a Christmas party and my daughter seems to be the only one of the group who hasn't had an invite. It could be an oversight.... but I can't ask. All the group are talking about is this party! 😣
You absolutely can ask!
“Hi Mum, I was really surprised to hear the gang talking about the party but my kid seems to be the only one not asked along. Is there a problem I need to know about? Or has she misplaced an invite?”

I agree to an extent but sometimes there are real reasons that can’t be avoided such as dog/cat aggression towards the child, Child has allergies, there is a serious illness following birth that prevents the mom being able to take on the additional care of pets on top of herself nd th4 baby for many months especially if it’s a single parent.

Oh yes, I completely understand that. I’m talking about the ones who just get rid of their pets solely because they’ve had a baby. My sister in law being one of them. She did the same thing a few times again after my niece lost interest. Thankfully we were able to rehome the rat and the hamster but the same couldn’t be said for the cat and the rabbit who sadly ended up on gum tree :(

Road works with traffic lights and cones holding up queues of traffic for miles, when you get to the works there's no one working. 3 sets of road works on the A37 like this for the last month at least. Last time we went that way we thought no one was working because it was a Sunday, today is Thursday?! A journey that should take just over an hour had taken us 2.5 hours today one way and 2 hours to come back.

And when the motorway control office puts a nice national speed limit sign display back up after 20miles of 50mph. Your get round the corner a boom 40mph! How is this safe?

People that do **@$*# plumbing and electrical DIY, botch it up and break things, and don't repair them before selling the house.
Had the plumber in this week, earlier on he was sorting out loos where after 20 years the mechanisms were failing, today he came back to replace 2 sets of taps which have been having problems. One set was okay to do, but he said we were lucky not to have had a leak because the flexible inlet pipe was so badly twisted it was nearly split inside. The other set didn't have a stop valve on the hot tap, so he tried to turn the hot water off at the gate valve by the tank, it didn't seem to work but the valve is now jammed shut. He said it must have been broken already, ie when the previous owner did some diy plumbing. So we are without hot water until Monday when he can come back with a colleague to replace it! :rant::rant:

Annoying ants! I have these group of ants that always come and search for food. Even if I wipe every ant off, more come in their place.

People who talk over everyone else for some reason. There's this woman who goes to the school coffee morning and she is forever talking over everyone, no matter what. Yesterday, for example, we had a new parent in and she was talking to the learning support teacher who runs it. This parent was discussing her sons needs which, in my mind , is an important subject and this other parent shoved her phone in the teachers face spluttering "THIS IS MY CHILD AS A BABY" and directing the conversation back to her, her holiday, her work and her kids.. like every other Friday morning. ugh. Just let someone else talk for a minute.

People who talk over everyone else for some reason. There's this woman who goes to the school coffee morning and she is forever talking over everyone, no matter what. Yesterday, for example, we had a new parent in and she was talking to the learning support teacher who runs it. This parent was discussing her sons needs which, in my mind , is an important subject and this other parent shoved her phone in the teachers face spluttering "THIS IS MY CHILD AS A BABY" and directing the conversation back to her, her holiday, her work and her kids.. like every other Friday morning. ugh. Just let someone else talk for a minute.
I absolutely agree, these people always want to be the centre of attention. It’s about time someone told this woman to pipe up and no, we are just not that interested in your child when it was a baby!

I know someone like this too. Every conversation going she has to bring it back to her kids. We’re seeing her and her husband tonight for Christmas drinks but I’m sure her kids will be the centre of attention as usual

I’m getting increasing mad with all the supermarkets at the moment. Black trays in particular, why? Everyone knows that most Councils can’t recycle black trays, so why aren’t the supermarkets changing the colour to clear or white? The only cucumber I could get yesterday not only had a stupid plastic wrapper, it also came in a cellophane bag, cost 37p why oh why does an item for 37p need that amount of protection?

They are all as bad, M&S in particular, I’m sick of my bin being full of nothing but plastic/cellophane that I can’t recycle

I shop as often as I can in an independant grocers so I can buy lose veg without the wrapping, when I get to the till they always try to put everything in little plastic bags! I'm old enough to remember when we didn't have single use plastic, everything was wrapped in paper or hessian. Potatoes came in large hessian sacks which were really useful for lagging outside water pipes among other things. You could also take your sack back and have it refilled with potatoes. Food tasted so much better when it wasn't encased in plastic, for years I still managed to buy sauce in glass bottles but I haven't been able to find them for a few years. All this makes me feel really :fog:, wonder if I'll live long enough to taste food not contaminated by the chemicals in plastic wrapping again?

Sounds like the office t.v series

Trying to drive in london, its an absolute full out free for all civil war. If you dont know where your going just cry

I drove round the North Circular once as a request from my husband just to see what it was like. Never, ever will I be doing that again!

Back