• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

Thank you. And @PigglePuggle such bad timing! The school has been fab though. This is currently me in the sitting room. Back door is open and kids are in the dining room. I’ve told them to avoid being in the same room as me. Don’t know what we’re going to do about bedtime. Don’t want mr getting it…
View attachment 185414
Fingers crossed that your hub and kids stays negative. When my niece and nephew had in during the summer, their parents didn't catch it. Loving the face mask :D

Have you got a sleeping bag or a spare duvet? Maybe you could sleep on the sofa? Or play the "I ill" card and make him sleep on the sofa?
He did sleep on the sofa last night. Mainly because he had to get up in less than 3 hours. I’ll speak to him and see. And yes, we do have sleeping bags.

Fingers crossed that your hub and kids stays negative. When my niece and nephew had in during the summer, their parents didn't catch it. Loving the face mask :D
Love this mask. But I misplaced the other one, it went walkies 😭 when the girls had it, the rest of us didn’t catch it.

So sorry it’s covid @Siikibam :hug:Put your feet up and hope you feel better soon, really hope no one else in the house gets it either 🤞 The piggies send lots of love xx

A little rant from yesterday, well still today but happened yesterday!
Toilet (which was fixed less than three weeks ago) is now leaking all over the floor rather than the tiny trickle in the back of the toilet! Couldn’t get hold of any repair people so will be ringing all day again today! Grrr!
And ammonia in my fish tank :yikes::yikes::yikes: Not had for years, panicked and big water change and lots of grotty leaves taken out as think the algae issue we have (think caused by my new light system after my lid broke and was replaced at the beginning of the year!) is messing with the plants and causing problems with the leaves rotting! Typically I’d forgot to order some Seachem Prime with last order like I was supposed to that other fishy people have recommended on here that makes it not so toxic, ordered now and hopefully here very soon! 🤞 my lovely fishies are ok! 🙈

Toilet (which was fixed less than three weeks ago) is now leaking all over the floor rather than the tiny trickle in the back of the toilet! Couldn’t get hold of any repair people so will be ringing all day again today! Grrr!
And ammonia in my fish tank :yikes::yikes::yikes: Not had for years, panicked and big water change and lots of grotty leaves taken out as think the algae issue we have (think caused by my new light system after my lid broke and was replaced at the beginning of the year!) is messing with the plants and causing problems with the leaves rotting! Typically I’d forgot to order some Seachem Prime with last order like I was supposed to that other fishy people have recommended on here that makes it not so toxic, ordered now and hopefully here very soon! 🤞 my lovely fishies are ok! 🙈

Fish tank issues are so stressful. Just keep checking your ammonia everyday and if needed do a water change. Do you have your tank light on a timer? I bought one years ago when I was gone all day and had left the light on for 14 hours! Had a bad breakout of cyanobacteria during that time too. Hopefully your Prime will be able to arrive quickly and your fishes will be alright.

I hope you can get the ammonia under control. Hope the fishies are ok. 🐟

Fish tank issues are so stressful. Just keep checking your ammonia everyday and if needed do a water change. Do you have your tank light on a timer? I bought one years ago when I was gone all day and had left the light on for 14 hours! Had a bad breakout of cyanobacteria during that time too. Hopefully your Prime will be able to arrive quickly and your fishes will be alright.
Definitely 😣 Thankfully we’re on 0.25ppm today (api master test kit) compared to the 0.50 yesterday :yikes: No nitrite thank god. I need to be careful as my tank’s 14+ years old so a bit scary that suddenly happened, will try not to overdo the water changes and let it settle today I think after all that yest but another largish one in the morning (or maybe tonight when I test it again).
Ive got a plug in timer but can’t for the life of me work it out :)) As I’m here most of the day I just turn it on, 6-7 hours a day with all my plants but might reduce that!
8BFB3BE6-85C5-4444-A13D-420170D8D838.jpeg
This is just one big light in the middle compared to the two bulbs I had before so the plants it shines on are taking a bashing! I can use red or blue bulbs (but was worried as I’ve got black gravel and background) and attach more in there so might have to! Yet more pennies! 🤦‍♀️
Glad you got your tank sorted, thanks a lot! x

I hope you can get the ammonia under control. Hope the fishies are ok. 🐟
Thank you! :) The Lake Kutubu Rainbowfish have been breeding overnight as always so they can’t be that bothered at the moment! :)) They’re always at it! The tiny Endler’s Livebearers are beating each other up as usual and Twiggy and Elsie the catfish are looking ok too! Fingers crossed stay that way!

The Lake Kutubu Rainbowfish have been breeding overnight as always so they can’t be that bothered at the moment! :)) They’re always at it! The tiny Endler’s Livebearers are beating each other up as usual
:))

Thank you! :) The Lake Kutubu Rainbowfish have been breeding overnight as always so they can’t be that bothered at the moment! :)) They’re always at it! The tiny Endler’s Livebearers are beating each other up as usual and Twiggy and Elsie the catfish are looking ok too! Fingers crossed stay that way!

I’m off to Scotland on Friday for 10 days. So this evening me and son have got to sort out his tank. Water check, clean gravel, water top up. No rest for the wicked. Lol. I’ll need another holiday to get over going away. I’m busy cleaning, washing, sorting out pets. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m off to Scotland on Friday for 10 days. So this evening me and son have got to sort out his tank. Water check, clean gravel, water top up. No rest for the wicked. Lol. I’ll need another holiday to get over going away. I’m busy cleaning, washing, sorting out pets. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Ooh lovely, hope you all have a great time and have some good weather! 🌞 I know, it’s a blooming mission before you even start packing when you’ve got a gang to sort first! :)) Hope you don’t get too tired out sorting everyone!

Doctors that just don't want to listen. I knew as soon as I had missed all the slots with my usual GP that I would have difficulty getting any help today.

So it goes like this:
Me - "Pain isn't as bad these days but I would like my prescription painkillers to have to had just in case on my worst days"

GP - there's some concerns about that medication now so we don't really prescribe it. It's now ibuprofen or naproxen or something...

Why don't you go on the depo injection (pump yourself full of hormones) that will probably solve all your problems?

Me - I don't want to go on hormone contraceptives at the moment. I take paracetamol and ibuprofen as needed but wanted something on hand just in case it gets particularly hard to manage. Is naproxen suitable for breastfeeding?

GP - wait you can't take ibuprofen while breastfeeding

Me - yes you can it's perfectly safe and the amount passed on in milk is so minimal it's deemed not to be a risk to the baby

GP - No (speaking over me now) that's not true, you are taking risks

Me - no, seriously, the breastfeeding network have a whole article on analgesics and breastfeeding and ibuprofen is deemed as a safe option if used very short term.

GP - (again talking over me) no that's not right, I will have a look here for you to confirm...

Hmm...

Hmm...

Yes it seems advice has changed and it is now deemed safe to take for breastfeeding mothers.

Well you have clearly done your research so you know what you can take.

Me - what does that mean? You aren't prescribing me anything?

GP - no

Me - so I can only take over the counter medicines?

GP - that's correct. Ibuprofen and paracetamol

Me - ok, they don't always do enough but apologies for wasting my time.

Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh my god he just hates it when a patient knows more than him. Went out of his way to prove me wrong only to prove himself wrong. As soon as he realised he was wrong he couldn't get me off that call fast enough and the only way I get help from him is to agree to hormonal contraceptives ☹️

So looks like I am calling on Monday morning to try and get in with the other GP to get a prescription before I go on holiday 😬 I really struggle to understand why some people become doctors. Surely if I just wanted drugs for the sake of it my last prescription request wouldn't have been January 2019!

Back