• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

So hard to have the worry of them happening in public, and for him not to be your wing man. Hopefully he's just a bit behind you in learning to understand and manage the turns and he'll get there 🤞

You don’t and you can’t help it. Totally understand as that’s how I feel sometimes especially alone, going out is worrying sometimes when you have seizures. And wrecks stuff sometimes :mal: But you most definitely don’t do it on purpose. Hope you’re feeling better today:hug:xx

Thank you both. Husband just gets annoyed with me which really doesn’t help as non epileptic attack disorder is thought it can be brought on by stress and anxiety so he just thinks I can switch off my stress and anxiety, if only it were that easy :( I’m feeling a little better today, just anxious x

Thank you both. Husband just gets annoyed with me which really doesn’t help as non epileptic attack disorder is thought it can be brought on by stress and anxiety so he just thinks I can switch off my stress and anxiety, if only it were that easy :( I’m feeling a little better today, just anxious x
Glad you’re feeling a bit better, hope you have a good day today xx

Went into a M&S food shop today, I just needed some Vimto squash for my kids.
I found the drinks aisles eventually, right at the back. There were 3 aisles and 2 long wall shelves of assorted booze. Hiding at the end of one aisle next to the fizzy pops was a 4 foot wide area for squashes, which were all M&S own brand.
It seems M&S can't really be bothered to provide healthy-ish stuff for the kids to drink whilst their parents are knocking back the booze....

Went into a M&S food shop today, I just needed some Vimto squash for my kids.
I found the drinks aisles eventually, right at the back. There were 3 aisles and 2 long wall shelves of assorted booze. Hiding at the end of one aisle next to the fizzy pops was a 4 foot wide area for squashes, which were all M&S own brand.
It seems M&S can't really be bothered to provide healthy-ish stuff for the kids to drink whilst their parents are knocking back the booze....
Think it’s worse now as they have more out for Christmas too.

I hate being ill, it sucks :td: 😒 I didn't know until yesterday that apparently there's a nasty virus (not Covid) going around locally, which explains why I've been in bed since Saturday started. Booooooo.

I hope you feel better soon x

Thank you, I'm just absolutely wiped at this point. Zero Covid symptoms, no cough, no temp (though it sure feels like I have one), badly upset stomach, no appetite, the whole shebang.

Thank you, I'm just absolutely wiped at this point. Zero Covid symptoms, no cough, no temp (though it sure feels like I have one), badly upset stomach, no appetite, the whole shebang.
Poor you, sounds horrible. Hope you’re not feeling too horrendous and you shift it quickly x

Poor you, sounds horrible. Hope you’re not feeling too horrendous and you shift it quickly x

I didn't get any meds Saturday/Sunday because I was asleep every time they turned up, and the guy was late last night and I was so ready for just saying sod it and going to bed. Bu the neuralgia was horrendous all day, almost like I had a tic. Nope, that was definitely worth staying up to be rid of. It's funny because they keep talking about trying to take me off gabapentin, which I started taking for the neuralgia, and I'm like - why do I have to put up with that pain just because of the drug it is? Normal painkillers only help when it's a prolonged attack, but yesterday, yeh. Like a tic. And we still don't know which nerve(s) are causing the issue :roll:

I didn't get any meds Saturday/Sunday because I was asleep every time they turned up, and the guy was late last night and I was so ready for just saying sod it and going to bed. Bu the neuralgia was horrendous all day, almost like I had a tic. Nope, that was definitely worth staying up to be rid of. It's funny because they keep talking about trying to take me off gabapentin, which I started taking for the neuralgia, and I'm like - why do I have to put up with that pain just because of the drug it is? Normal painkillers only help when it's a prolonged attack, but yesterday, yeh. Like a tic. And we still don't know which nerve(s) are causing the issue :roll:
Horrible to feel you might have your gabapentin stopped. I don't agree with this blanket trying to get people off meds. Hope you feel better soon and get all the investigations you need.

Horrible to feel you might have your gabapentin stopped. I don't agree with this blanket trying to get people off meds. Hope you feel better soon and get all the investigations you need.
Eh, they've been threatening it since it was classed as a controlled drug (I was taking it before that anyway) and that's, what? 3 years ago now? If they can find a viable alternative I've told them I'll switch, but until then I refuse lol. I think half the trouble, is neuralgia doesn't always feel the same way to everyone. I've heard some people describe it was an ache, or a burning sensation or whatever. For me it's like someone hammering knitting needles into me, sharp end first.

Eh, they've been threatening it since it was classed as a controlled drug (I was taking it before that anyway) and that's, what? 3 years ago now? If they can find a viable alternative I've told them I'll switch, but until then I refuse lol. I think half the trouble, is neuralgia doesn't always feel the same way to everyone. I've heard some people describe it was an ache, or a burning sensation or whatever. For me it's like someone hammering knitting needles into me, sharp end first.
Ew ouch. Yes everyone feels things differently. Shouldn't be blanket rules. Glad it seems you're keeping hold of the meds you need.

I'm sorry @Lorcan to hear that you have been ill. Hopefully you will get better soon!

Three year old woke up several times during the night like he normally does. However, he decided that he had to play with the ABC wooden puzzle that is in his sister's room. At 4:20 in the morning. I woke up hearing hearing him yelling the alphabet. Took me a minute to realize he wasn't in my room or his room. Finally found him sitting in the darkest corner of her room playing with the puzzle.

While tidying up the laundry room from all of the guinea pig hay bits, I found mold growing on the back of the laundry room door. I cleaned that up, but found it was coming from an area near vent in the floor. There is an issue with the subfloor and it is infested in mold. Not sure when this started as it has been a little bit since I cleaned behind the door and the mold wasn't there last time. So now my husband and I get to rip up laminate flooring and the subfloor and try to see how the subfloor even got wet.

I hate being ill, it sucks :td: 😒 I didn't know until yesterday that apparently there's a nasty virus (not Covid) going around locally, which explains why I've been in bed since Saturday started. Booooooo.
Sorry you're feeling so unwell. Is it that norovirus thing that pops up every so often? Hope it's better soon.

This isn't exactly a rant, but didn't know where else to put it....
I just made an apple raspberry and Almond cake, to use a few of the apples from our garden. Put it in the oven 20 minutes ago. Now, just realised that I forgot to put in the butter :doh::doh: It will be "Interesting " to see how the cake turns out in 40 minutes ! 🤪🤣

i hope yu feel better soon Lorcan.it will be interesting to see how your cake turns out QUALCAST&Flymo !
Actually, it is still very good despite my blunder! I can see it hasn't risen as much as when I made it before, so it's probably a bit heavier than it should be, but it tastes delish nonetheless 😋😋

Hermès! I never EVER choose them for delivery when I can help it but unfortunately sometimes it’s beyond my control and people send via them because it’s cheap. They are a NIGHTMARE and this time was no exception.

I came home to a ticket in my mailbox, I hadn’t been informed of any tracking numbers beforehand so I had no idea what I was expecting was coming via Hermès. Ticket said they would deliver again the next day, but it’s my stint on location for work this week so I already knew I’d just come home to continuous blue tickets. I tried the ticket number on their website…doesn’t exist (no surprise), so I steady myself for phonecall to them and a long hold queue.

First the phone number on the ticket is no longer in operation since the start of this year 🤦‍♀️ So I scrabble for a pen to write down the new number on the automated message. I call the new number, it’s a long wait before I am connected to a monkey. Monkey asks me to confirm my details and then states that my name is wrong…it’s not I spelled it numerous times for her and it was written correctly on the ticket…I point this out. She tells me that because of the name mismatch I can’t divert it to a pickup point and I will have to let it fail further delivery attempts to my home before I am allowed to divert it sometime mid next week! Meaning I’d be getting it towards the end of next week or maybe a week on Monday at the latest 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️😱. Call is over, she insists there is a mismatch, tells me to try the website which I explain fails to find the number and we part ways.

I stew for 10mins before deciding to call them again hoping for a monkey that has at least evolved into tool making this time. Another long wait and I get connected to someone. I start over with no mention of the previous call, explain I won’t be available for delivery, confirm my details (she matches everything first time! Yay not only can she use tools but she is clearly a rare organ grinder!), package diverted to a location of my choice. First possible pickup day.…this Thursday. FAB!

But this is why I hate Hermès, the employees get paid so badly that half of them don’t care. The other half can barely spell their own names let alone read other peoples. I was extremely lucky to actually get someone capable after only 2 tries, they are rarer than Trumps real skin tone.

Fingers crossed Thursday turns out as planned and they don’t screw it up, there is still that chance 😂😂

Oh and the wasps next is apparently still there on the school route (maybe they were sleeping that day?). But I saw two kids get brutally stung as they passed it in front of me today. My family was fine, the wasps seem to thankfully ignore us and swarm those passing before or after us.

I had a Hermes delivery yesterday. The woman didn't knock the door she just threw it under the car, didn't leave a card. Luckily I was here sat by the window and saw her otherwise my partner could have gone out and driven over the parcel. My heart sinks if I see something I want to buy is being sold by a company who uses Hermes.

Back