A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Sorry you're feeling so unwell. Is it that norovirus thing that pops up every so often? Hope it's better soon.

Nah, not norovirus. It's more like something in the middle of the road between a flu and the cold. Not quite as hard hitting as a flu, but all the symptoms of one, bleurgh.

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Also a Hermes delivery driver rang my buzzer one day asking if I knew a name, he had a parcel for someone else in my building but couldn't find them and wanted me to take it. I had no idea who this person was, I'm not taking a parcel for someone unless I know who it is (I have now since worked out who it was and why they couldn't find him, but still). He ended up abandoning the parcel in the foyer saying the staff could fix it. We had no staff on at the time. I hope the guy got his parcel in the end 😕

Pawz

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Amazon 3rd party sellers. Bought a “new” item as a part of a birthday gift for a friends child. Paid 18€ and when it arrived today it’s clearly been opened, possibly used and then all the toy packaging has been taped shut again. Fuming, absolutely fuming especially as they insist I pay postage if I return it. I’m returning it because although I am sure the child won’t mind a used item, I MIND when I paid full price for it. Also the packaging is in such a used state it’s quite frankly embarrassing.
Furthermore I am insisting they pay the return postage costs as it’s their scam, else I’ll be complaining to Amazon.

Yes I can be a “Karen” if I don’t get what I paid for when its a gift for someone outside the family.

Pawz

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Also a Hermes delivery driver rang my buzzer one day asking if I knew a name, he had a parcel for someone else in my building but couldn't find them and wanted me to take it. I had no idea who this person was, I'm not taking a parcel for someone unless I know who it is (I have now since worked out who it was and why they couldn't find him, but still). He ended up abandoning the parcel in the foyer saying the staff could fix it. We had no staff on at the time. I hope the guy got his parcel in the end 😕
7697AD8F-7ABC-4C2D-BD8A-748CE7FECD02.jpeg

Lavinia

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Amazon 3rd party sellers. Bought a “new” item as a part of a birthday gift for a friends child. Paid 18€ and when it arrived today it’s clearly been opened, possibly used and then all the toy packaging has been taped shut again. Fuming, absolutely fuming especially as they insist I pay postage if I return it. I’m returning it because although I am sure the child won’t mind a used item, I MIND when I paid full price for it. Also the packaging is in such a used state it’s quite frankly embarrassing.
Furthermore I am insisting they pay the return postage costs as it’s their scam, else I’ll be complaining to Amazon.

Yes I can be a “Karen” if I don’t get what I paid for when its a gift for someone outside the family.
We had that with Amazon and a cool box. It had clearly been used and returned. It is annoying and made me mad to have to fight them about it.

Pawz

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We had that with Amazon and a cool box. It had clearly been used and returned. It is annoying and made me mad to have to fight them about it.
I really miss the days when they didn’t allow 3rd party sellers on Amazon.

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I won't shop on Amazon. I did it once and got ripped off - never again! If it's the only place to buy something we go without. I've heard to many bad things about the way they treat their staff as well as customers to support them as a company.

Tr1cky

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I really miss the days when they didn’t allow 3rd party sellers on Amazon.

Yes, this! At least you knew who you were dealing with.

Also when eBay wasn't basically a digital car boot sale :D

Rivervixen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Meant to be getting the hay exchanged today by dpd from haybox and not a word from them when I’ve asked if it’s been confirmed because I haven’t had any notification from dpd and they usually do it first thing. Looks like I’m just going to have to buy another box :(

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I ordered a new oven shelf for the oven in my caravan. Was told it would be delivered in 48 hours. That was Friday (1 October) so I allowed for the weekend and thought it would be here on Tuesday. I got an email from FedEx on Tuesday saying it would be delivered by 6pm. Er .... it wasn't. So I look at the tracking number again and it says "Pending". It also says that I ordered it on the 21 April! Lord only knows how that date got into the system. If I had ordered it on 21 April do you think that I would wait until October for it to be delivered? I had another look this morning and the tracking number shows that it's in transit. I hope it arrives soon as I'm off in my caravan on Monday. And I thought that Yodel and MyHermes were the unreliable ones ........

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Okay. I know I'm difficult to take blood from. I know I should be grateful it only took two attempts rather than an hour (as has been known to happen). I know it's not the nurse's fault. But really, veins? Do you have to bruise like this? You haven't even started bruising yet and I already know it's going to be a whopper. Why. WHY. What's the point?!

But at least just 2 tries. That could have been much worse.

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Secondary school - rang to speak to someone regarding my son they were unavailable asked for a call back.
"What's the best number to reach you on?"
" This is my work number please call this or my home number after 1.30pm"
"Ok so the mobile number you're calling on is not available?"
" Err no, I'm on a break and work in a school so I'm not allowed my phone on and I don't get a great signal, please use the work number and someone will pass the call to me or my home number after 1.30pm"
"Ok that's great I'll pass it on"

Cue 4pm having given up waiting and taken dogs out for a quick walk they call mobile which doesn't get a great signal and say they'll try again tomorrow.
Check home phone on return - no missed calls.

:hb:. Good job it's not urgent 🤬

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Went out for today for lunch in a pub. Luckily it was a big pub with lots of tables. We had to move tables. A girl was sat at the next table to the first one we chose and started coughing a very nasty hacking cough that you could hear was coming from deep down. After we moved tables to the other side of the huge pub we could still hear her. She may not have had Covid and I hope she didn't but she certainly had something I don't!

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Went out for today for lunch in a pub. Luckily it was a big pub with lots of tables. We had to move tables. A girl was sat at the next table to the first one we chose and started coughing a very nasty hacking cough that you could hear was coming from deep down. After we moved tables to the other side of the huge pub we could still hear her. She may not have had Covid and I hope she didn't but she certainly had something I don't!
So much for don’t go out if unwell.
Even if it wasn’t Covid the bug could have infected others and anyone vulnerable then becomes susceptible to Covid.
Hope you had a lovely meal out.

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Had to cancel my blood donation appointment this morning because I have had covid symptoms. I can't rebook until 28 days after symptoms have stopped. I wouldn't mind but I had a PCR on Tuesday which confirmed I do not have covid. Just seems overly strict for what it needs to be
Glad it’s not Covid.
Hope you feel better soon

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad it’s not Covid.
Hope you feel better soon

Thank you I had one day of feeling normal between horrendous colds and this one is lingering. I was very worried Monday night as I was out of breath just sat on the sofa watching TV so was very relieved for the negative result

Pawz

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Weevils!

They came in some spelt I purchased but hadn’t used recently. Thought I had got rid of them all but nope. I’ve never dealt with Weevils before but have read non diluted vinegar will finish them off so I’ll be on weevil wipeout duty on the weekend. No time during the week to have more than a “kill on sight” quick cupboard inspection.

Uuugh horrible little things. Maybe I order a couple of weevil traps too just to be sure I get them all after the vinegar napalm.