• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

I find the whole driving thing really irritates me. I have a friend who lives out in the county so she pretty much drives past mine when coming in to town so if we go for a meal, theatre or anything else central based I always ask if it's ok for her to pick me up. I always offer to pay the parking though as I figure I've saved on petrol costs and extra use of the car and she saves on parking so it's all fair

And I already drive around 500 miles a week at work. I should probably let it go now lol... 🤣

Ah @SkyPipDotBernie how annoying.
I'm the only one of my friendship group that doesn't drive. It's a major pain & often upsets my anxiety. If I arrange a meet up I always suggest something in town centre or where I know I can get to on the bus. If someone else arranges and its out of town, then I go with my friend in her car. She lives half way between my house & the town centre so I go to hers first. She refuses to take petrol money off me, saying she would be going anyway but occasionally will let me pay for any parking. It makes me feel awful everytime.

For me my pet peeve of the minute is cars that don't stop for red lights on crossings. Imagine me 7.30am crossing the main road to work. I press the button wait for the green man & can't cross because the cars just keep on coming! Or they park over the crossing so I can't get round & look at me like I'm a piece of dirt because I'm still stood at the side of the road. Council workers, lorries, buses they've all done it ☹

So let's guess which idiot is locked in the porch this morning :mal: dog is going nuts cos he knows I'm still here. Hubby is working in London today. Dog sitter could be 5 mins away but could be 30 mins. Mum to the rescue and walking up to free me

So let's guess which idiot is locked in the porch this morning :mal: dog is going nuts cos he knows I'm still here. Hubby is working in London today. Dog sitter could be 5 mins away but could be 30 mins. Mum to the rescue and walking up to free me
Baby brain? Aren't Mum's the BEST?

When people keep expecting lifts off me because I'm the one who doesn't drink, which saves them a good £20 taxi fare, but won't even offer me a few pound to cover petrol costs to give them a lift. I wouldn't mind if they just offered me 2 or £3 each way. Why should I lose money and they gain money and the ability to have a drink on top.

Unbelievable, they all have their own cars aswell.
No is a complete sentence. Start using it and don’t say ‘sorry I can’t’. You don’t have to explain yourself.

That's very inconsiderate @SkyPipDotBernie, my family always get piggy daddy to do the driving usually because he works evening shifts so can't have a drink until he gets home at 10pm, but I did buy him the car and my daughter always cooks him big meals in exchamge so I think that's a reasonable swap! My mum does take advantage though, trying to get him to go fetch her 2 random things from the shops when he's working 20 miles away and getting offended when he won't!
I hope he says no...it’s good to help out but a little ridiculous for two small things.

When your normal face looks like a resting bitch face and gives people the wrong impression 😟

No is a complete sentence. Start using it and don’t say ‘sorry I can’t’. You don’t have to explain yourself.

I hope he says no...it’s good to help out but a little ridiculous for two small things.

When your normal face looks like a resting bitch face and gives people the wrong impression 😟

I really struggle with the 'no' word! I have done so all my life! I have even tried practicing saying it in front of the mirror, but I still find it hard! I think I am getting better, but I always feel I have to explain myself, if I have to say no. However, people often say no to me, so why do I feel so bad, when I can't help?

On one of the financial capability courses I have taught there is a whole activity on saying no. It's something a lot of people really struggle with. Basically there are envelopes with different scenarios and one person needs to say no and the other person has the persuading card. Some things people find easy like saying no to a charity collector but when it's family, friend or someone in need it's much harder.

@furryfriends (TEAS) it doesn't surprise me that you are someone who struggles to say no. You probably wouldn't have the rescue and be putting all these piggies first if you were putting yourself first all the time.

No is a complete sentence. I love that!

My normal face also does... i also have a very young face so I look like a grumpy teenager :roll:

i
I really struggle with the 'no' word! I have done so all my life! I have even tried practicing saying it in front of the mirror, but I still find it hard! I think I am getting better, but I always feel I have to explain myself, if I have to say no. However, people often say no to me, so why do I feel so bad, when I can't help?
it is because you care so much !

Passport bulls***! First time they said they wouldn’t send it because I didn’t have a correct counter signature which is fair enough. Second time, she forgot my middle name.... third time they decided there’s too much shadow on the photos (Why didn’t you tell me before?) got them done again, now they’re apparently too small. :cen::cen::cen::cen::cen:

Passport bulls***! First time they said they wouldn’t send it because I didn’t have a correct counter signature which is fair enough. Second time, she forgot my middle name.... third time they decided there’s too much shadow on the photos (Why didn’t you tell me before?) got them done again, now they’re apparently too small. :cen::cen::cen::cen::cen:
It's worth paying the extra for the Check and Send Service at the Post Office.

It's worth paying the extra for the Check and Send Service at the Post Office.

that’s what I have been doing, except instead of giving me a list of things to correct they’re doing it one by one every time I go back. Four times later it’s very upsetting :(

The post office is meant to be experienced with all that stuff! I think I’ve only ever used them twice. I never used them with the kids’ passports. For the cost of passports they should be able to give better feedback when needed.

Good luck, I hope this time it’s sorted!

Back