• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

access courses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starla

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done one of these, or considered one?
I've applied for a journalism/media one, but wonder if I should've applied for humanities rolleyes as it might be a broader subject range.

I started doing one in Biology last year but found it wasnt for me. I'm currently doing a c & g's in photography which i'm loving. If both the humanities and the media one are at the same college then you may be able to swap after a few weeks if you feel it doesnt suit you.

I did one when I was 21 - was youngest on the course and got on really well with the others. I did Sociology, Social Policy, and units in communications and numeracy.

I did rush it through in a year, had some great tutors and one Norma finally got me through my maths - having failed it at school I was so pleased to finally get both Level 2 and 3 in maths.

Glad I did it - was a very good course but that was 15 odd years ago:{

Lucinda, yes. After repeatedly saying I would never go back thererolleyes Cornwall college wanted £450 off me to do an Access course though! And the subject ranges were not my thing.

15 years ago! I didn't know they'd been going that long. I half arsed-ly took a levels and dropped out about 2(or 3!) years ago, prior to that I did a music course. Now I've finally decided to take education seriously....!

i started the same one as millieskittens and i found it so hard! i'd rather do alevels personally. the media studies one is fun, you could fast track it!

really? hard? @) blimmin heck I don't want easy but I don't want too hard

I know what you mean chick, but I'm normally pretty good at biology and the other things i had as options etc, but I couldn't pass a single assignment, in the end I just left. ALevels are more do-able, if that makes sense. I got 2 C Grades and a D grade at A2, not the best, but pretty good when you think my nan had a massive heart attack and nearly died during my A2 exam time and my grandad died during my AS's

A friend of mine is doing pre access and it seems very involved at that level.

Have you thought about getting into uni as a mature student? You could do A Levels in the meantime even if you don't have the full points you can get in on 'life experience.'

Good luck with it!

x

Even normal colleges would accept you Part time or Full time, and you could do your Alevels.

I am a year ahead of everyone because i took a year out of education - thought everyone would be fresh out of school but there are lots of people in my classes in there mid 20s.

I applied to a few colleges for part time a levels, all of them were not keen to take me on due to a levels starting in september (i.e. i missed the application date) One college would only offer me english a level, nothing else. I really need to take two to get anywhere.

To be honest, you need three I'm afraid! Unless you could get an A an a B?

lol not to worry Claire I'm doing the access course now, and working too, which is very tiring but should be worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back