advice, 3 piggies *** belong to my ex, i cant afford them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky92

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Some of you may remember my long post about my OH treating me like rubbish
& walking all over me so i ended it ( thanks again 4 all the kind words & support )

Well since then ive realised what he wants- which isnt me. I told him to do what HE wanted not what i wanted him to do, to this he didnt come down to visit didnt ring or text & missed my antenatal appointment. Not a nice thing to realise but i needed to learn it

Soo anyway...

I have 8 piggies myself, and 3 of his. Financially & practically i cant afford to keep his, he pays 4 their food sometimes but any vet fees & bedding i cant handle. Aswell as the extra cleaning of 3 single piggies. i took them on with the agreement they were still his & he would help look after them but never has. They are lovely piggies who deserve alot more. An aby female aged 2/3 , her son whos also an Aby & aged 1 & a stunning back & white marble effect female aged 2/3. All seperate. The 2 females have both been with other piggies b4 and the plan was to get more but obviously when they came here & i realised he wasnt bothered about them it hasnt happened.

I dont know what to do really, he cant have them back because of his mum not letting him & even of he did it would only be until he could find some1 to take them. But i cant let him have them back, noone would look after them & they could end with anyone.

Ive always said i would never let any of my pets go unless i was forced to do, e.g my sake or the piggies sake. All my pets are my babies and i cant let them down, but to be honest theyre not my pets there just my responsibilty. Also rescues seem to be so full and i wouldnt want them taking the place of some helpless/needy guinea pig.

What to do :S

On a brighter note, my babys due in 3weeks!:)

daleksarah

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
do you have a friend or anyone nearby who would be happy to help you change them-care for them etc?
11piggies is a lot especially when you are about to have a baby but i understand it`ll be really hard to get rid of them
is it possible to put all your girls together?swap cages etc to make less cages to clean?
or ask friends if anyone wants them?
good luck hun it must be a hard decision

Reaction score
Goodluck in finding new homes for the piggies and goodluck with the birth of your baby,hope all goes well,sue,x

Becky92

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm down to 7 now 8..., since writing that ive discoverd my little texel miley has fallen asleep and not woken. I knew she was giving up yesterday but was perkier last night when i syringe fed her. She looks quite peaceful but i just couldnt bring myself to lift her out of her cage without breaking down, i love her so much, my little wiggwham. My mums just come home & taken her out of the cage for me & ive wrapped her in a blanket & put her in a box. now her cagemates looking for her :( Il bury her this afternoon.

I must have been really horrible to someone in previous life to deserve all this happening8...

I live with my mum and shes willing to take over when i go into labour. But i can manage the cleaning, altho having **** thats interested e.g my ex used to be, would be lovely x) *dreams*

I dont really have any friends never mind any that would help me, i know & get along some1 that keeps guinea pigs near me but some of mine were off her bcos she lost interest in them mallethead

The 3 that are technically his , the boy isnt really pairable with anything- i cant see him tolerating anything, the 2 two girls were put together in the completely wrong way by him a while back & obviously didnt get along ( 1 was put in the others cage:x ) 1 pinned the other down now they are terrified of each other. They have both previously been in groups.

I'm in retford nottinghamshire

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
sorry i dont really have any advice just wanted to say sorry about your girl big hugs, good luck for when the babies comes, is there any way you could maybe put one of the girls in with yours? xx

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hiya Hun
I am so sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time at the moment etc and also sorry to just read that you have lost one of your girls too.
It must be really difficult to decide what to do for the best. Do you have some friends, family who would be willing to take them on?
Or even like someone else suggested maybe moving some of the piggies into cages together to make it less work to clean etc (providing the cages are big enough).

I'm sure something will soon come up on what to do. Big hugs xxxxxx

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
awwww you poor thing, i wish i could help you but i am in a difficult situation myself at the moment x

Glad you got rid of the baby's dad, he sounded like a very negative part of your life, what a star you are for taking his pigs and looking for homes for them x

Reaction score
Have you considered asking a rescue to help with rehoming them? It is completely understandable and realistically if he was being responsible, it would be him looking for their new homes not youself!

Avalon GPR is in Wollaton, Nottingham (about 33miles/1hr down the A614 from Retford) or Cavy Corner in Doncaster (about 24miles/35mins from Retford). I'm not sure of any others near to you.

Hope you get something sorted soon and wishing you all the best for yourself and your baby! 3 weeks.... Not long now ;)

Reaction score
aww sorry to hear that,
if you dont want them to go,how about shopping around and getting bulk buys of bedding etc,maybe a farm near by will let you by a bail of hay cheap,pound shops do bedding now.and they range from 99p to about £1.30,

ohh and best of luck with your baby x

Status
Not open for further replies.