• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Advice for a Piggie with an ear infection

So this syringe feeding has hit its first major snag... She really is fighting us.
I've tried wrapping her in her blanket and everything but she really isn't entertaining it today. Was all going so well as well she was taking it without needing to be handled.
I have a feeling its uncomfortable for the poor little thing to chew and that's why she is t eating veg or nuggets at all and she's not eating a lot of hay.

Welp another vet visit and an injection of what ever the stuff is that helps pigs keep things moving and boost their appetite somewhat later... Hazey has left a few surprises in her cage and has eaten probably 3x the amount of hay she has been eating.
Hopefully it's all brighter from here.

Welp another vet visit and an injection of what ever the stuff is that helps pigs keep things moving and boost their appetite somewhat later... Hazey has left a few surprises in her cage and has eaten probably 3x the amount of hay she has been eating.
Hopefully it's all brighter from here.
Hope it helps and she carries on scoffing her hay! x

Update time...
So hazeys still not really eating much and the syringe is her main food source. Me and the missus can't wait to get these antibiotics done and gone. Once they are done hopefully she will start eating again.
We have noticed one thing however, it looks like she has lost the sight in one of her eyes, the eye is noticably duller than the other and doesn't seem to react to light.

Am wondering more and more lately how long the side effects of the meds will carry on for. If anyone has any idea or experience with a pig who is on:
Baytril
Metacam
Emeprid
We would really appreciate any info you can give us.

These posts are becoming more about the journey of Hazey and the affects its has on her and us and less about advice. Suppose its good in a way for anyone else who's going through the same or similar with their pigs.
Anyway... Thanks guys from myself, the missus and Hazey!

Attachments

• 20200608_205400.jpg
    20200608_205400.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1
Back