advice needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a chance of going back to work part time for 3 days a week in a travel agency I did it 25 years ago moneys poo just over the minimum but do get educationals ( visits abroad free etc) got to go to Bournmouth for training for a days course etc, is it worth it do you think, probably so use to being at home I'm a little undecieded, what would you do

Reaction score
If you health is up to it Michelle then I say go for it!

C

cavykind

How do you feel? It is you who will have to get up in the morning and go into work :)

It will probably do you good to get out of the house and meet new people, but working with the public can be demanding...it's what puts me off going back into nursing ::)

Good luck whatever you decide!

Barbara

F

Fr0ggy

It sounds great with the free trips abroad and only working 3 days a week but you've got to want to do it cause otherwise you won't be happy no matter how good the perks are. Good luck whatever you decide x

Reaction score
I dont really know how my healths going to be as i have arthritis and a weak arm caused by upper motor neurones not working properly, am seeing my Gp tomorrow for blood pressure check which was 156/98 last night, still high so might ask him then, thanks for your advice,
cavykind i can imagine nursing very stressful full of demanding patients same as teachers I admire then becasue i know I could never keep up the pace of life with them type jobs,

Reaction score
just saw Dr and he advised me to think very carefully as the travelling would make me tired and thats a major part of my illnesses and can aggravete them, and i asked if having upper motor neurone problems means i have MD diease he said it depends on what caused the damage if everything else is clear that would be the obvious choice ho hum,

Reaction score
What I have learnt recently is, nothing comes before you and your health... If this part time job could jeopardise your health in ANY way - then its not worth it.. You have to think about yourself... ;)

Its a shame you cant get a job where you could work from home?

/hugs

Trace xx

Reaction score
I'm thinking of maybe getting a local job part time so no travelling involved but being a seaside town they dont take on until march and we are away from 15th to end of march so will go for it then, as you say your health is the most important thing,

Status
Not open for further replies.