• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayneG

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new here. I would really appreciate some advice. I lost one of my lovely boys two days ago. Jack was only just over 3 years old. I took him to the vet 3 weeks ago as he was breathing a little quickly. Vet gave him some antibiotics and he seemed better. On Monday night they were both playing, all was well. I went in on Tuesday morning and he didn't come for his breakfast, he just lay there. I lifted him out and he breathing quite jerkily and obviously having trouble. He just coughed a died a few minutes later. I couldn't believe it. Do you think it was a heart attack? Am so upset.

Now his brother is very upset being on his own and keeps crying for him. Do you think I should get a new buddy for him? He couldn't replace his brother but would be company for him at least. I wouldn't have thought putting too young a boy in with him would be a good idea, but perhaps another boy a year younger so they don't fight or compete? I really would appreciate some advice. Thanks all. :'(

aww hell I'm sorry he died :'(

I hate it when we're too late to save them,I cant believe how much mum cried when Lucky died on her knee...

Thanks guys, it really is so upsetting. They're such gorgeous animals aren't they. Do you think I should get a pal for my other one. I'm afraid he'll be lonely?

So sorry to hear about your little Jack:'( Sending lots of piggie kisses to your little mourning boy, watch him carefully yes they do pine for their mate we've been through it lately. You'll know what's best, but i'm sure you'll great some great advice and help from the other more experienced people from here, they're great.

Take care and welcome :)

Oh no - that must've been a big shock. So sorry to hear your sad news about Jack.

I would get him a friend - a nice young boy so your origional boy gets the position of top pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back