• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Advice on Spaying a six year old piggy

dannif_piggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am so happy for you and Honey. Great job on nursing her back to health! You won't know what to do with your spare time now 😊
Thank you so much, and it already feels weird only having to weigh her in the morning and not give her various medications and what not in the morning, and now her poops her normal, cage cleans are so much easier 🎉🙆🏻

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Just caught up with this thread that locum vet sounds awful, I haven't experienced this with a vet but I have experienced it with jumped up posh kid junior doctors seeing my old terminally ill mum and basically telling us in a patronising voice how much it costs the nhs to keep her alive a bit longer... and did she really need an ambulance when she couldn't breathe that costs £500... which is far less that I pay in tax every month to fund the broken healthcare system! Rant over anyway...
Hope you complained but the main point is SO GLAD HONEY IS GETTING BETTER :) healing wheeks from all the PigglePuggle herd and hope the progress continues x

dannif_piggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just caught up with this thread that locum vet sounds awful, I haven't experienced this with a vet but I have experienced it with jumped up posh kid junior doctors seeing my old terminally ill mum and basically telling us in a patronising voice how much it costs the nhs to keep her alive a bit longer... and did she really need an ambulance when she couldn't breathe that costs £500... which is far less that I pay in tax every month to fund the broken healthcare system! Rant over anyway...
Hope you complained but the main point is SO GLAD HONEY IS GETTING BETTER :) healing wheeks from all the PigglePuggle herd and hope the progress continues x
My locum vet experience was pretty awful but yours with the doctor sounds far worse!
This is so bad, how dare they say those kind of things 😡 That's what the NHS is there for, yes they are stretched but that doesn't mean they should make individuals feel bad for using the service 😤
AND YES SHES FINALLY RECOVERED (I would say so anyway)
I'm holding off the veggies for a few more days and introducing back in slowly... don't want to throw everything up in the air again 😅

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Why is he a doctor?
If you need I have a friend who knows how to make people disappear!

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
My locum vet experience was pretty awful but yours with the doctor sounds far worse!
This is so bad, how dare they say those kind of things 😡 That's what the NHS is there for, yes they are stretched but that doesn't mean they should make individuals feel bad for using the service 😤
AND YES SHES FINALLY RECOVERED (I would say so anyway)
I'm holding off the veggies for a few more days and introducing back in slowly... don't want to throw everything up in the air again 😅
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

dannif_piggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
IMG_1511.JPG
Slightly soft poops have returned and so basic veggies for honey once more...

Cucumber allows me to get the pro-c into her, and the pepper just bumps the Vitamin c... I know it's not these veggies that upset her so let's start again....