Age change

VanessaC

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I joined the forum back in 2018 not long after I got my boys, they were down then as"new born pups", after a year or so, they had been upgraded to "juniors", but I've logged in today to look for advice about something and I've noticed that they're back to being "new born pups". I don't seem to able to change this, they are now 2 years and 2 months. Is it a moderator that has to do this?

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I joined the forum back in 2018 not long after I got my boys, they were down then as"new born pups", after a year or so, they had been upgraded to "juniors", but I've logged in today to look for advice about something and I've noticed that they're back to being "new born pups". I don't seem to able to change this, they are now 2 years and 2 months. Is it a moderator that has to do this?
It's not your pigs but yourself that is the newborn pup or junior. Those levels are related to the number of posts you've made. The number at which a newborn pup became a junior was raised quite significantly a couple of months ago as part of changes to keep spammers at bay. Unfortunately that meant that some members got "demoted". I think the only other difference that matters is that newborn pups cannot start PM conversations, otherwise than that it's just a name ...

VanessaC

New Born Pup
Reaction score
It's not your pigs but yourself that is the newborn pup or junior. Those levels are related to the number of posts you've made. The number at which a newborn pup became a junior was raised quite significantly a couple of months ago as part of changes to keep spammers at bay. Unfortunately that meant that some members got "demoted". I think the only other difference that matters is that newborn pups cannot start PM conversations, otherwise than that it's just a name ...
Ah, I see! I feel a bit silly now!

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
We all get confused at times don't feel silly. I didn't realise anything had changed!

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I didn’t know about the change but it’s a very sensible move.
Sorry to all juniors who found themselves as new born pups again.