• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Alarm is set

Last early get up of the week done! Two nights I've slept, two nights I haven't so I hope there isn't a pattern forming....

I feel your pain. I’ve been off work since lockdown then made redundant end of July and still sat at home. But I’ve been getting up this week with my partner, he’s been dropping me in his way to work 1.5miles and I walk back to the house. Exercise baby! Xx

I feel your pain. I’ve been off work since lockdown then made redundant end of July and still sat at home. But I’ve been getting up this week with my partner, he’s been dropping me in his way to work 1.5miles and I walk back to the house. Exercise baby! Xx

I’m sorry you lost your job :( x

Sorry about your job @Mother Hubbard
I have to be in for 8 so been waking a little earlier. Well...the alarm goes off at 6:15 but I don’t get out of bed till round 6:45! I need to start getting out earlier as I have to get the kids packed lunches ready in the morning.

Week done, well 3 days, and only 7 children, have to say I'm shattered 😴😴 not sure how I'm going to manage next week full class of 20 from Monday. 🤨

Week done, well 3 days, and only 7 children, have to say I'm shattered 😴😴 not sure how I'm going to manage next week full class of 20 from Monday. 🤨
You will manage just fine and wonder what you were worried about!

I think I need to stick close to my routine now else will be tired. Basically not too late nights at the weekends!

Piggy daddy is back at school today! He's a disability teaching assistant, through an agency, so he works in various different schools. This week he's working in a primary school on the Wirral, so we were up at 6am to give Blodwen her URI medicines before he set off at 7.15am!
Hopefully soon I will stop browsing the forum and get some work done, I might try record an online lecture today ready for my uni teaching starting on 28th...

Piggy daddy is back at school today! He's a disability teaching assistant, through an agency, so he works in various different schools. This week he's working in a primary school on the Wirral, so we were up at 6am to give Blodwen her URI medicines before he set off at 7.15am!
Hopefully soon I will stop browsing the forum and get some work done, I might try record an online lecture today ready for my uni teaching starting on 28th...
Good luck to both you and piggy daddy on getting up, medicating Blodwen and piggy daddy leaving for school on time x

My role is a disability teaching asst also (tho sadly currently poor health has meant some time away from work). I loved my job ... such fun and rewarding work.
I really hope the COVID rates do not rise to such a level that the very vulnerable pupils with disabilities have to be removed from school once again, as many lost so much having to be shielded for so long.

I worked as a TA in a special school and our class sizes were usually 6-8 pupils (due to the severity of pupil's needs), but even when just 6 pupils and 4 staff, each day I was exhausted! I used to look at mainstream classes when out on trips and think "HOW MANY CHILDREN?!"
Tho I think the mainstream school staff used to look at our handful of children (as we did our best to try to herd them together and promote a semblance of socially-acceptable behaviour), and think "Hmmm ... not for me!" ... I loved it tho, and miss it terribly.

Hope the start of your week is going well - try to plan easy evenings where you can chill and recover!

I work a couple of hours in the early morning during term-times (as a carer for a fab young lady with complex disabilities), but does mean early starts! I start at 7.15am, and have managed it so far this week, but as I am NOT a natural morning person (night 🦉 here!), it's been a real shock to the system this week! 😴

Poor piggy daddy... not what he expected today, he was in reception class supporting a 4 year old new starter with severe developmental delays... there were nappies, and he was whacked in the face with a toy car and his new shirt was scribbled on with a pink highlighter pen that the child stole from the teacher's handbag...!
I'm all for helping children with special needs integrate into mainstream school, but I really dont think there should be nappies and screaming and whacking the teaching support staff...

Poor piggy daddy... not what he expected today, he was in reception class supporting a 4 year old new starter with severe developmental delays... there were nappies, and he was whacked in the face with a toy car and his new shirt was scribbled on with a pink highlighter pen that the child stole from the teacher's handbag...!
I'm all for helping children with special needs integrate into mainstream school, but I really dont think there should be nappies and screaming and whacking the teaching support staff...

That sounds rough! Hopefully things will get better for him and the poor child. I have a child that has some developmental delays and it is difficult. Out of curiosity, what age do children start school there? Kindergarten starts at 5 here, but children don't have to do kindergarten at all here if their parents don't want them to go.

I worked as a TA in a special school and our class sizes were usually 6-8 pupils (due to the severity of pupil's needs), but even when just 6 pupils and 4 staff, each day I was exhausted! I used to look at mainstream classes when out on trips and think "HOW MANY CHILDREN?!"
Tho I think the mainstream school staff used to look at our handful of children (as we did our best to try to herd them together and promote a semblance of socially-acceptable behaviour), and think "Hmmm ... not for me!" ... I loved it tho, and miss it terribly.

Hope the start of your week is going well - try to plan easy evenings where you can chill and recover!
Thank you, this week we have all our little new starters, 13 of them! So now a full class of 20. I have to say I think not allowing the parents in is the way forward! Every child came in yesterday with a parent to do hand wash and find their seat, then parents left as we just can't have the normal hanging around/settling routine, all the children were amazing 🤩 no tears all coped brilliantly, today only a couple of parents came in and I had a few tears from one boy but again so good, next week may be different as they will be doing full days, probably should say it but, we can't believe how well they have done. We had thought because they have been away from nursery etc and not had any chance to do our normal transition days they would have found the transition harder but they are all taking it in their stride, and I already have a little favourite, I know you shouldn't but sometimes you just can't help it! I feel some of our year 1 children are harder work than our reception children!

That does not sound fun ☹️ or acceptable in any form.

Back