Alfie and Rufus the silly Rats

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I bet its a right laugh 😂. Is Alfie in danger when he tried to pin Rufus back? I don't want him challenging for dominance
Haha no course not, it’s just how they play! Sorting out their own dominance and stuff, no need to get involved! They’re still young so might not even have a ‘proper’ dominant one yet, noticed mine would change as they got older.
I’d chuck a blanket over the top of the boxes, have something for them to climb on and a few mealworms, they’ll have a right good time! They are real climbers (will help with their weight too! :)) )

SkyPipDotBernie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Haha no course not, it’s just how they play! Sorting out their own dominance and stuff, no need to get involved! They’re still young so might not even have a ‘proper’ dominant one yet, noticed mine would change as they got older.
I’d chuck a blanket over the top of the boxes, have something for them to climb on and a few mealworms, they’ll have a right good time! They are real climbers (will help with their weight too! :)) )
I'm planning to build a little climbing city out of cat platforms and stuff like that, with diy ladders. They climb the cage loads, they chill out on the top and go home when they feel like it, but I never leave the room lol. I am still watching Rufus's leg at the moment, I want him to not go too mad on itm it's probably fine though

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I'm planning to build a little climbing city out of cat platforms and stuff like that, with diy ladders. They climb the cage loads, they chill out on the top and go home when they feel like it, but I never leave the room lol. I am still watching Rufus's leg at the moment, I want him to not go too mad on itm it's probably fine though
I wouldn’t worry about anything fancy! They’ll only chew and pee on it!
Mine had free range in living room so climbed all over everything apart from pig cage! My cage was over five feet tall and would get to the top in seconds!

SkyPipDotBernie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about anything fancy! They’ll only chew and pee on it!
Mine had free range in living room so climbed all over everything apart from pig cage! My cage was over five feet tall and would get to the top in seconds!
Il see what I can find, I don't like them running in living room too much, so many electrical wires in there with surround sound and loads of gaming consoles. Il find something to put in the hall way, I mop it all clean after every floor time

SkyPipDotBernie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
@alpacasqueak . Found a cage near where the old cat and rabbit clinic was, £30 for a cage that was 5ft tall, it's was the savvic royal rat and ferret cage. Just sold to someone else on shpock 😭lol. Il keep looking. It had rust inside so wasn't overly keen but I could have sanded and re painted it.

Cage new costs £230.

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Oh no, what a pain :( They’re brilliant cages but so expensive! Fingers crossed you see another good one soon.