• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

All out of critical care

Rolina

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Critical care is currently sold out EVERYWHERE I look. Is there a different recovery food that I can purchase?

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Critical care is currently sold out EVERYWHERE I look. Is there a different recovery food that I can purchase?
Hi!

I am very sorry. You can always improvise with mushed up pellets but you need to cut off the syringe tip just below where it widens to allow the rougher bits of pellet fibre to pass through.

Our one-stop emergency guide contains lots of tips on how you can make do with what you have at home or easily available until you can see a vet or or your proper care product orders arrive. It is worth bookmarking: Emergency, Crisis and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

Our support care products guide lists a number of alternative products but I am not sure just which brands are available the in the USA: Probiotics, Recovery Foods And Vitamin C: Overview With Product Links

All the best!

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that Emeraid is a US product. My piggies love it and I haven’t heard of shortages. However as Wiebke says, you can use mushed up pellets as a stop gap.