Allen & Page guinea food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiltontwister

Reaction score
I think I see it on this forum that someone fed their guineas Allen & Page Natural food? I have tried mine on Gerty but they leave so much and I do not like the colourants in it so I am trying to find something different. I bought a small bag of Cavy Cuisine thinking, oh great they will love this but they are not very keen which is a shame. Does anyone know what the Allen & Page food is like? is it pelleted or like Gerty ? My last two boars were fed on Gerty and I now know why they had recurring cystitis and got all crusted up on their wee wee's, (didn't know how else to word that bit ;D).

C

cobweb

I've used Allen & Page for the last few years and I wouldn't use anything else. It's similar to Gerty but much better. It's none GM and it doesn't contain those stupid red and green corn biscuits that the pigs always leave.

Barmy4boars

Reaction score
Its a nice food Nikki- I use Allen and Page guine apig mix (not the goat mix) i am on it at the moment it is a mix rather than pellets whixch is good I think makes it more interesting for them. Comes in huge sacks though! Nice smell and boys like it. Like the GP crunch from Wagg more though.

hopperhaven

Reaction score
I use A&P guinea mix at the rescue. It isn't perfect - I would really like to find an affordable guinea pellet, but it is better than anything else I have come across for the price. A better version of it is the one marketed by the Natural Petfood Company. Fruit and Fibre Mix. It comes in smaller quantities and is too expensive when you are feeding 70+ piggies. It is made by A&P but not sold under their name. The A&P rabbit pellets are the best out there, so I really wish they made pellets for pigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.