• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Allergies

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hairdi

Has anyone got a guinea with allergies, if so can you give me your tips on what you do to keep them under control. My male guinea Pooky has always had allergies( he is 3 now ) and has long periods were he is fine and then sudden flare ups for no reason I know of. As you know it is difficult to pin point where the allergie is coming from. I have tried alot of different things in past , but somebody might know of something new .

Thanks,
Hairdi

Misty has an allergy to woodshavings and he get's sores on his mouth. I've tried a few different things for bedding but I've started using hay and newspaper and his mouth is slowly getting better :)

Sumo is allergic to pretty much everything sadly - hay, straw, detergents etc etc.

He is very well these days now I have found a bedding that suits him and avoid contact with things that make him poorly.

Do you know what your piggie is allergic too and how does his allergies present themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back