Almost done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommaPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It took alot and it was very upsetting but I decided to listen to my head...And most of you guys...And not put my boys back together.
Even if they get along okay now...What's to say that Ralph won't attack Arnold again? And what happens if next time...I'm not there to break up the fight?

So...I got to work on the new set up and the boys had a little sleep over in my bedroom! rolleyes
But now they've moved out and back into their own room!

It's only half done but it's a start and it means that they get space and so do I! They were living in a 1x2 cage...Pretty much for the past few days. They were happy and I don't see a problem as it's only temporary but it's not fair to keep them cooped up like that for too long.

General setup
Piggles058.jpg

Top floor still under construction
Piggles059.jpg

Ralphs side of the cage
Piggles061.jpg

Arnolds side of the cage
Piggles062.jpg

I've done it so that they're drinking bottles are together and at current, so are their hay trays, once the trays are gone, I'm going to have their food bowls in there place and as you might be able to tell, the hay lofts will connect but have a partition in the middle so they can munch down on hay together and so on.
I want them to be as close together as they possibly can be because neither of them are too happy about being kept apart.

Salt n Peppers mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That is fabulous, your a great piggie mummy for finding a good solution for your two little lads, well done, their cages look fantastic x)

MommaPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That is fabulous, your a great piggie mummy for finding a good solution for your two little lads, well done, their cages look fantastic x)

Aww, thank you. I've tried my very best for them. I just hope they can live happily like this.
I was so surprised, though! My dad has been an absolute angel about this. He helped me make room to make a larger cage and he hasn't once complained about me expanding the cage, which I thought he would.
He even fussed my boys alot when they were in the smaller temporary cage because he was worried that they'd be lonely and frightened. :)
He's reacted totally the opposite to how I thought he would...Which has made this whole thing alot easier on me.

BellasMummy

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The cages look great and if i was you i would have done the same thing. No-one likes to see there pets get hurt and you have done something to prevent it from happeneing again which in my eyes is the right thing. They will still be able to see each other through the cage. :)

lindsay7

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Great set up it looks fab, i love the spotty fleece and your pink hearts bed. Oh and Arnold, if it wasnt snowing id be piggy napping!x)

MommaPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Love that spotty fleece :)

I walked into "This Is It" which is like the old Bastins stores and I saw it...I HAD to have it! It was 3.99 and it's really soft and such good quality, I couldn't believe it!
I think everyone thought I was bonkers, I was ripping through the fleece to see if there were any similar ones and I was pressing them against my face and stroking them to test if they were soft enough for my boys :))
I must have looked crazy :))

Oh and Arnold, if it wasnt snowing id be piggy napping!x)

I bet you'd return him after a few hours :)) he's such a trouble maker.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wowie what a fab set up it looks really good :))

Status
Not open for further replies.