• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Aloe Vera eaten!

Arold

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,
My 2 year old boar has accidently eaten a TINY bit of the top of a leaf of aloe Vera. Little cheeky got to it before I could stop him. He's been eating and pooping fine. Should I be giving him extra water!?!? I'm so worried. Any help of previous experience appreciated.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
My 2 year old boar has accidently eaten a TINY bit of the top of a leaf of aloe Vera. Little cheeky got to it before I could stop him. He's been eating and pooping fine. Should I be giving him extra water!?!? I'm so worried. Any help of previous experience appreciated.
Hi and welcome!

I would not worry too much.

Keep a closer eye on your boy for the next 24 hours and see a vet promptly if he is suddenly looking very sick, but I would not expect that this will become necessary.

You may want to bookmark our emergency guide so you have all the relevant information handy at all times, especially when you are panicking in a sudden crisis: Emergency, Crisis and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

Arold

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi and welcome!

I would not worry too much.

Keep a closer eye on your boy for the next 24 hours and see a vet promptly if he is suddenly looking very sick, but I would not expect that this will become necessary.

You may want to bookmark our emergency guide so you have all the relevant information handy at all times, especially when you are panicking in a sudden crisis: Emergency, Crisis and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment
Thank you, I will bookmark.