• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Also on a spiritual theme.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had such a strong connection with an animal that weird stuff has happened?

On the day before Billie died, I got a really bad metallic taste in my mouth - it felt like Id been sucking marker pens and lasted for about two hours (after appearing from nowhere)

Then the day Billie left me the taste briefly returned for 20 minutes and shortly after that I got the call that he had died.
When i went to the vets that night I learned that he had had a huge abcess in his jaw that had burst.

Has anyone else had such an experience?

I haven't had a connection as strong as yours sounds, but I was VERY close to one of my piggies a few years ago now. Her name was Penny and she used to go with me everywhere! I used to be able to put her down on the ground and she would follow me wherever I went. If someone picked her up, she would jump back to me. It was a lovely feeling.

I think she was about 8\9 when she got poorly. I remember going down to the shed she lived in and picking her up, and she just felt different. I panicked and ran back to the house with her to show my mum. Straight away we got in the car to take her to vets. In the car, I could tell, she was trying to hold on, but she was having problems breathing it looked like. I kept on telling her to hold on in there for me. We got the vets and it was closed. By now she was getting worse, and I knew it was time. I remember looking down at her and she looked up as I spoke to her, and in a very calm voice, I told her to go and be free and not to hang on for me... For a second, I swear she just starred at me and then she let go and died in my arms, just as I had told her to do.... That second we were looking at each other seemed like an hour, but I always felt like we had a connection... maybe silly.. I dunno...

God its been years since Penny passed over, and thinking about her still makes me cry :'(

x

What a a lovely story - that brought tears to my eyes too (hugs)

Its mad how much we miss our little friends isnt it?

Billie died coming around from anaesthetic. Apparantly he tried to get his breath but he let go...
Xrays revealed that a tooth was growing up in his nasal cavity, as well as the abcess so I would have had to have him pts immediately anyway.

I like to think that his last act of love was to spare me that painful experience.

I miss you Bil x

One of my dogs, Sandy died over 4 years ago, yet a few weeks ago I heard what sounded like a dog run into my bedroom and saw her dash accross the room towards where her bed used to be bless her. Both my hubby and I have seen our old cat Annie, as well as Monty cat and little Jet...it gets quite normal after awhile ;D

Barbara

:'( :'( At those stories.

When Edd, my staffie X had his op to find out just what was causing his sickness, he hadn't fully come round & we'd to take him to another surgery for 24hr care. I knew as soon as i saw him he wasn't coming home. Why i chose the words "heart attack" i'll never know.

He was out of it for the whole journey but when we arrived & were taking him in, he opened his eyes just long enough for me to say my goodbyes & to tell him i'd see him tomorrow.

The day after i rang to be told he was awake but depressed and to ring later, i was ecstatic he was ok & could be collected.
Imagine my horror (reliving it as i type) at being told he'd died 5 mins earlier, probably as we were parking the car, from a heart attack!

That was January 2003 & i miss him every single day :'( :'(

cavykind said:
One of my dogs, Sandy died over 4 years ago, yet a few weeks ago I heard what sounded like a dog run into my bedroom and saw her dash accross the room towards where her bed used to be bless her. Both my hubby and I have seen our old cat Annie, as well as Monty cat and little Jet...it gets quite normal after awhile ;D

Barbara

Aw Barbara,
Did you find it scary at first or were you happy that they'd chosen to come back & visit you again?

Niki said:
Aw Barbara,
Did you find it scary at first or were you happy that they'd chosen to come back & visit you again?

As I said, strangely it seemed quite natural, so no, I wasn't scared. After seeing Sandy, I was just "gob smacked" as I can honestly say that in the years following her passing, I'd never felt her near or seen her. It truly was the last thing I expected. Oddly enough, my down to earth engineer husband seems to see the cats more often than I do and yet he would claim not to have a psychic bone in his body ;D
It might sound slushy, corny and cliched, but I really believe that even death cannot break the bond we have with our animals.

When I was young we had guineas that would run around in our room on an evening. Gradually the little "herd" passed on, but I'd often hear them running around the room at night. This went on for months on and off, again it was accepted as normal and I can't remember thinking anything much of it! Can't believe how odd that seems now ::)

Lovely and touching stories everyone :)

Barbara

Wowsers

You actually see and hear your animals even though they are no longer with you.
Amazing.

I'm writing this through blurred eyes bawling my head off, :'( obviously losing Charlie in July is still raw and it does'nt take much to set me off, I do feel him about me and so does his brother Max, Max often goes into Charlies bed and scruffs it up something Charlie always did but Max did'nt, we've left his bed out in the conservatory for Max to feel close to him, often he will follow something round the room, I believe its charlie, we also had a touch lamp in the living room that since Charlie died keeps popping on and then it will dim again I had to unplug it as it was upsetting the kids, :o
only last week I begged Ginger to go over the bridge and bless his heart he did, he knew I hated to see him like that,
when Muffin our first dog died in 92 after 13 years of 100% love and devotion, I could often feel him running up the stairs with me his soft furry body pressing against my legs as he always did in life,
I too believe animals form such close bonds with us they never leave us, thank goodness :)

I agree, I think when they do pass over, whatever ever animal they are, if we've been close to themand formed a bond, they never really leave us...

A few years ago our cockatiel Sucki passed over. He was in our lives for only 7 years and in that time I had such a bond with him, as did my mum.... After he passed over, we didn't eat for over a week, cause the house was just too quiet and it was horrible :'(... One day mum and I were sitting in the garden, talking about him and starting to get upset again, and all of a sudden out of nowhere, a grey feather dropped into my mums lap...

May sound silly, but I think sometimes, things like that happen to let us know, they are still with us and never really leave us, which I find very comforting.... :)

x

Me too

I think white feathers are always a good sign - i have one on my desk that I think came from my long lost piggy friend.
Ive found so many since he died

I'm sorry for upseting you.

Maybe I shouldnt have started it :'(

No please don't think that. It really is a good thread, just something that I can't really add to yet :)

Billies Mum said:
Aww - dont cry (big hug)

Was Charlie a dog?

yes Charlie was a dog and his brother and littler mate is still with us he is 14 on 9th october which will be a difficult date for me, on my calender it says Max and charlie 14, :'( if you look under the rainbow bridge pets you will see Charlies posting, I believe a good cry now and again releases the tension and does you good, so the posting was just what I needed,
I wonder how I will be when jimmy our meyers parrot goes over the bridge we've had him 27 years and our oldest posession, he is a darling, and loves me his mummy above anyone else, ahhhhhh ::)

Since I lost my darling Dr strange things have happened - waking up to find lights on that were off, things being moved etc. Dr seems to love hiding things like chocolate because he knows they are bad for me. Dr always knows best. I know he is still around, looking after me.

When Scarby had liver cancer, Dr blew out some candles when I was holding Scarby. That was a warning that Scarby was in danger.

Was he a mischievevous little piggy when he was on this earth?
It sounds liike it ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back