Am I being to sensitive? guinea pig advise and support group on Facebook

Claire W

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I sometimes post in the group ‘guinea pig advise and support’ on Facebook.

A few days ago, I commented on a sexing post and was told off for commenting as I’m not an admin.

Anyway, on another sexing post tonight, a member was told off for commenting so I commented that I’d also been banned from commenting on sexing posts.

The next thing I know, my comment has been removed and I get a notification to say I’ve been banned from the group until 6th February.

I’m quite upset by this as I’ve never been banned on any groups. Am I out of order and am I being to sensitive?
7D2880F1-E5D2-43F9-B101-509AB8521B70.pngABDC20CF-3F22-4131-8B4F-BE272AA8D18D.png

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
You weren’t out of order. Unfortunately these types of groups may tend to be set up as a way for some people to spread what they believe to be the truth. And if you don’t ‘fall in line’ with their ideas then you’re wrong...even if you’re correct.

Please don’t take it to heart. If I were you I would consider leaving the group entirely. I know you want to help but I don’t think it’s worth it if you get upset by their actions.

Lots of hugs.

Claire W

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Is that the same group which was talking about feeding potatoes to piggies? I’ve left that group, so much bad advise and opinions. Huge hugs xx
Yes, it’s that group. They advise feeding mash potato to young babies to ‘fatten them up’ x

RosieLily

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with you. Many admins on Facebook groups get very cocky thanks to their power over this ‘ban’ button. I remember getting banned from this equestrian group for asking the admin to calm down after she started to threaten another member...

I was very upset too, but looking back, I had no reason to be. It was just silly and weird!

Don’t take it personally, you really did nothing wrong. People get very insecure about the weirdest things and for many it’s easier to ‘ban’ than face it. Perhaps that’s what happened.

You’re not being ‘overly sensitive’ when feeling upset over a situation where you’re being shut out, be it on Facebook or real life.

I always try think the best - maybe the admin had a bad day, maybe this, maybe that.

I hope you feel better soon!

Bradshaw Piggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry they have upset you. They really are not worth your time and you did nothing wrong. I left every guinea pig group on Facebook.
some of the postings and advice on there is horrendous. Only today I saw people laughing at someone’s Guinea pig stuck in a toy (and the owner also thought it was hilarious). I had to really resist the urge to get involved 😡😡

hope you’re ok :hug:

Tim

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Yes, it’s that group. They advise feeding mash potato to young babies to ‘fatten them up’ x
I remember vaguely about it, the admins response I thought was horrendous! I’m sure they responded with something like ‘there’s nothing wrong with it’.
That boiled my p:cen:s

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Try not to worry about it Claire, sounds like they’re not worth your effort or stress xx
Poor pups eating mash :(

Tim

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I left almost all guinea pig FB groups a while ago and I haven’t missed them and all the politics that went with them.
:agr:
Me too :nod:

I’m only a member of a handful of piggy groups on FB, I had a group diet a while ago x

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Clare, their response on your ban says all I need to see. They seem to be nasty and bitter people with a bee in their bonnet. I didn't see your post as complaining so heaven knows why they took it that way. Sadly, like many others, I removed myself from this group and others as I saw too much that I just didn't agree with.

David Piggie Lover

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Claire. . . You not being sensitive . .
You are hurt . :(. Its a reaction because the nature of a group . . Forum is for people to comment on other peoples messages. . Help etc.
You are a Brill piggie person :nod: and if them that run the group can't pick that up then it's their loss. . Big time.. it's sad.
Sad because you only have the best intentions at heart. Unfortunately some people are little trigger happy and don't get the whole story.
I've been told off and In my view . .wrongly so at times. . . :hb:
Your question are you to sensitive is NO
You are one of the few I fully trust about poop machines. 20210202_115220.jpg
Mavis sends you :luv:.

Hath

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You're better off without them, that's for sure...
I am not part of any group like that because I can't stand breeders and somehow being one makes you super knowledgeable and eligible to recommend treatments instead of encouraging vet trip...
I used to like this person with lots of pigs and then found out she's a breeder and accepts donations for pigs she rescued. I mean, all of mine are rescued, doesn't mean I am a registered rescue... Left that one, too...