Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DebbieR

That song by Sandi Thom - you know the one about wishing she was a punk rocker and all that.

Its a really good song but can someone please tell me why she thinks that punk rockers wore flowers in their hair? Or does she just say that because it sounds better than "I wish I was a punk rocker with safety pins in my ears"?

It wouldn't have taken too much research to find out that punk rockers didn't like flowers. I'd really love that song if it wasn't for that line.

Fussy cow ain't i? ;D

bevs

Reaction score
Yes you find that people that like to analyse things usually do so because they're clever, and don't like accepting things at face value when they can dig and delve and ask lots of questions ;D x x

D

DebbieR

Really? ? hmmm that doesn't sound like me Bev LOL ;D *ahem* I mean...of course that's true *adopts thinking pose*

However if we were talking about fluffy yellow pom pom's ........ ;)

bevs

Reaction score
Aww you had just had to go there didn't you LMAO :D

bevs

Reaction score
Can't believe I fell for it! only very momentarily of course :D

But yes I wish I was still ignorant ? ;D

G

gothchick1515

LMAO! such randomness so early in the week lol i love that song and until now hadnt noticed the fault in the line! lol x

D

DebbieR

Shall I tell them about the fluffy yellow pom poms Bev or will you? ;D

bevs

Reaction score
I'll let you ;D

I'm sure you will do a better job LOL :D

D

DebbieR

Hee hee ok then.
In case you're wondering what me and Bev are banging on about with regard to the fluffy yellow pom poms I'll enlighten you.

We were with the birds of prey at Hatton when I spotted some fluffy yellow bits on the floor of one the owl cages. I said "what's that?" and went to take a closer look. Bev asked me (in a worried voice) what it was and I said "bits of fluff". They weren't...they were dead chicks :-\ but I thought that Bev would be upset if she knew and she was quite happy with the "bits of fluff" explanation. Mike said "are they?" while Bev wasn't looking and I said "ssh no". So you see Bev, it wasn't just me, it was Mike too ;D hee hee sorry Mike.
Anyhoo, when we were watching the birds fly, the bloke was taking bits of "yellow fluff" out of his bag to feed the birds with. Bev asked anxiously "what is he feeding them with?" I instantly said "pom poms" not thinking for one minute Bev would believe me but she seemed to be happy with that answer so all was well. After a couple of minutes Bev said "are you sure they're pom poms?" Eventually I gave in and said they weren't pom poms - which made Bev unhappy (as I knew it would - which is why I lied). Then, of course, came the inevitable question "how did they get dead?".
Now that was opening a wole can of worms. She should have been happy with the answers I gave and not keep asking questions. Then the world would have stayed a happy place. But no. You would keep digging wouldn't you Bev?
Let that be a lesson to you ;D
It was funny at the time. To be fair to Bev, she only believed me because there was so much going on that she didn't get a chance to think about what I said. Then, of course, I wandered how far I could take it hee hee ;D

If its any consolation, I convinced my dad that the rat I had in the cage was, in fact, a big gerbil. ;D

D

DebbieR

Oh and I've remembered who used to say "cor lummey". It was Terry Scott as Penfold. ;D

D

DebbieR

It drove me mad trying to think of that. I knew I couldn't have made it up cos it was mildly amusing and I don't have an original thought in my head - well, except for the thought that actually started this thread in the first place ;D

bevs

Reaction score
I totally believed it when they were on the floor of the cage, but once I saw them eating them I figured fluffy pom poms would not be very good for their digestive systems LOL so maybe they were liddle chicks after all :o

That's the point at which I fell in :D :D

D

DebbieR

hee hee and once I realised that you were more worried about them eating pom poms I had to come clean. It was funny though ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.