Am I Wrong To

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
feel annoyed at people who get animals without doing the research and then realise oops I can't afford the food, the vet fee's, I don't have enough room for the right size cage, I'm too busy to handle them etc. and also at people who do come looking for info but then totally ignore what you've advised them?

Grrrr.... sorry about the rant but I totally adore animals and with me having social anxiety I connect better to animals, we have 7 piggies, all in 2 x 5 cages, 2 boars in one, 2 in another and 3 sows in another, we have 2 mice, nice big cage with toys, we have a dog who pretty much has the run of the bungalow/garden. If you respect and look after animals they are likely to do likewise. For example my dog, I sometimes choke at night and my dog jumps up ready to jump on me and has previously jumped on me, which does actually work because I'm thinking "ouch". I would have more animals if I had the space. I've not even sorted the bungalow out since we moved into it because I've been paying for sick piggies and my dog with his ear infections (I don't mind btw).

Anyway, rant over... thanks for reading!

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know a couple of woman (not in person, over the net, although my son has met them obviously) who we've adopted 2 mice and 5 of our guinea's from and some of the animals they get in, it's just very sad, cages with water bottles too high and have green water, or they are ill and so on... makes me feel sad and angry.

nicky

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It really drives me mad as well, some people take longer to chose a pair of shoes then they take in making the decision to buy an animal. Although some peoples circumstances do change in regard to affording vet treatment, so they may take the animal on and then hit financial difficulties later on down the line.

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It is annoying yes. But it really annoys me when people have advice offered, and choose deliberately not to take it! On purposely causing the pet to suffer!

But it's a shame when there are financial problems, health etc, I can understand that.

nicky

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We have 13 pets and do our very best to give them a good life. For some reason none of them ever needed to have a vet visit (a part from my little diabetic dog ) until I got made redundant then they all seemed to decide to have a turn :lol!: Fortunately I have got another job. But I do think vet costs are a big problem as some seem to charge unbelievable prices.

nicky

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yeah they do, I was lucky with two of the boars last visit to the vet, it only cost £11 and something pence!
That was good. I think the thing is to find a knowledgeable vet. Unfortunately over the years we have come across some very bad vets but luckily have three (for different animals) good ones now.

theoretikos

Rescue Buddy
Reaction score
Most vets will allow people to pay a bill over so many months so there really isn't an excuse.

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yeap I'm one of those who have found bad vets as well, we've had to have two guinea's pts since Feb, first one with possible ovarian cysts or UTI, second one with bladder stones... one of the vets Sheamus saw said it was his head.... the other that saw Badger didn't take her bloated tummy seriously, we adopted her that way so took her to the vet with it. I was gutted about Sheamus as I'd bonded with him :/ I still am upset over it tbh. He did go to the PDSA who diagnosed him with 2 stones but they were waiting six days to do the surgery :/ it was just no good, he lost weight despite being hand fed and when we took him in for an emergency appointment... his had lost even more weight... we were advised to have him pts.

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don't know, the one's I've seen seem a bit tight and don't seem to do plans, unless they just don't tell you about them!

nicky

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Most vets will allow pe ople to pay a bill over so many months so there really isn't an excuse.
yes that's true but unfortunately some won't and some bills when people are really struggling are just to much. We have been lucky to always been able to afford them but I understand why some people can't.

theoretikos

Rescue Buddy
Reaction score
I don't know, the one's I've seen seem a bit tight and don't seem to do plans, unless they just don't tell you about them!
It is worth asking that's how I found out. I wouldn't have been able to pay for Quinns xray otherwise :(

Status
Not open for further replies.