• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anger

BearAndPanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! I have a question! When you get angry what do you do? Do you fidget to keep your mind of it? Or any other tactics to calm down? Please let me know!

If you get angry why not punch a boxing bag ( punch bag ) that might help you ! Or just do something of your hobbies to take your mind off what ever cause you to think angry !

Go for a walk.
Make bread
Do something different to make the space to calm down.
Watch something/ read something that is little more than brain fluff

I play videogames and switch the in-game music to whatever angry/loud/in-your-face music I want from Spotify (my neighbours are probably glad I use earbuds). Saying "distractions" probably sounds like nothing but if I learnt anything from DBT, it was that distractions are an absolute gift. Write alphabet lists with 5 different words per letter, or 5 different names per letter. Watch funny montages from your favourite shows on YouTube. There's a couple of Android games (Sort It 3D, and Bead Sort!) where the gameplay is literally just sorting coloured things into tubes and dishes - switch your internet off and just play, they don't require an internet connection and they don't require you to really think to play them either.

I pet my baby girl, or practice hitting for my softball travel team. I pretend the ball is my anger and I hit it so far I wont find it for a long time.

I recognise it as anger, understand what it is causing it, usually talk to someone about it then consciously let it go.

Back