• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Animal friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am interested to know a few things as I have become increasingly aware of animal welfare....with regards to the food I eat, and the products I use.

At the moment I am watching the fish programme on channel 4 and that is really getting me thinking again about the fish I buy.

For about 6 months I ate no meat. I was originally put off by the chicken programmes on channel 4! I now only buy organic produce...does any one else? Does any one have any brands/shops they could recommend?

Also I realised that the majority of makeup is tested on animals....from my moisturiser to my fake tan! Makes me feel awful. So have now swapped to all make up not tested on animals :) Again does anyone have any brands they can recommend? At the moment I use marks&spencers and superdrug (only the stuff that states not used on animals). I still need to find cleaning products :{

Just interested :)

I use Superdrug and Lush toiletries also make up by Lavera most of which is vegan. Urban decay make up is not tested on animals and a lot of it is vegan too.

For cleaning products most Co-op stuff is vegan and none is tested on animals. Also Astonish products are great, all vegan and really easy to find especially in pound and cheapy shops.

both Lush and the body shop will have cleaning products for your skin that won't be tested on animals. I generally try and go for chicken that i recommended so either free range or the animal welfare standards approved (can't think of name but there will be a blue label on it). I have an interesting book written by a taoist on anger and some of it makes real sense like the anger from a battery chicken which you could then consume and becomes your anger

Thankyou for that...I love urban decay makeup :)

I was concerned about using body shop as they are now owned by l'oreal so although body shop doesn't test on animals loreal does so was worried they would still profit :{

both Lush and the body shop will have cleaning products for your skin that won't be tested on animals. I generally try and go for chicken that i recommended so either free range or the animal welfare standards approved (can't think of name but there will be a blue label on it). I have an interesting book written by a taoist on anger and some of it makes real sense like the anger from a battery chicken which you could then consume and becomes your anger

Although the body shop is not one of the most ethical stores, on account of nestle.

We don't eat meat but do eat fish sometimes, but am seriously thinking of stopping.

vile organisation, before Christmas the lovely ladies at my daughter's playgroup gave all the kids kit kats, I had a dither over whether to refuse to let her have it, but decided not to upset her- I was very tempted to give the ladies some information on Nestle and ethics though :)

I think there's a directory of animal friendly products, I'm sure I've seen it in a vegan store.

I had no idea about all that, I don't shop at either anymore. I used to buy stuff from lush as I have very sensitive skin but I have a friend in germany who makes soap and its better than lush stuff so I buy from her hehe

I had no idea about all that, I don't shop at either anymore. I used to buy stuff from lush as I have very sensitive skin but I have a friend in germany who makes soap and its better than lush stuff so I buy from her hehe

I keep saying I'm going to have a go at making my own stuff- when I find a few more hours in the day!

That would make a really good thread. Recipes for home made skin care etc. xx

my dad keeps bees, so the plan is to try some stuff with wax/honey etc... I just need a nanny to keep the devil children quiet and I'll be well away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back